Bullnose Forums

C6 Trans fitment

Hi Guys - Pondering swapping my tired 351W HO with a 351C I have an opportunity to buy.

Anyone know if my C6 trans will bolt up to the 351C?

Thanks,

Grant

Hi Grant,

The 351C's I've dealt with (in Pantera's) all had the regular small block bellhousing pattern.

I can't speak about crank flange depth in relation to the block, but it should certainly bolt up just fine. 👍

What are your plans for the 4V Windsor?

Just curious what you mean by “tired”?

How are the vitals? Oil pressure when cold and hot ? Compression? Blow by? Oil consumption?

If vitals are looking good, but you are just wanting more performance, I was curious if the 351C that you have sourced would be the answer.

Just curious what you mean by “tired”?

How are the vitals? Oil pressure when cold and hot ? Compression? Blow by? Oil consumption?

If vitals are looking good, but you are just wanting more performance, I was curious if the 351C that you have sourced would be the answer.

Their oiling system and main bearings mean that they rev higher and run longer with less drag.

• 4 weeks later...

Their oiling system and main bearings mean that they rev higher and run longer with less drag.

Thanks guys - sorry for the late reply, have been working out of town.

My initial thought was to rebuild the C as time, ok mostly money, allowed and then magic presto do the swap. In the end, given the other changes needed (and mostly the fact the 351 HO was what the truck came with), it would be easier/less expensive/better to just rebuild what I have over the winter and enjoy the summer crusin’. But if anyone wants a totally original non-blown C to rebuild I believe he still has it for sale for $800. Cdn. (That’s like $16.50 USD)😂😂😂

Thanks guys - sorry for the late reply, have been working out of town.

My initial thought was to rebuild the C as time, ok mostly money, allowed and then magic presto do the swap. In the end, given the other changes needed (and mostly the fact the 351 HO was what the truck came with), it would be easier/less expensive/better to just rebuild what I have over the winter and enjoy the summer crusin’. But if anyone wants a totally original non-blown C to rebuild I believe he still has it for sale for $800. Cdn. (That’s like $16.50 USD)😂😂😂

Pickups got the C in Oz.

Plus their own I-6

A new member recently said that the antipodes never got the larger 385 series engines, and they can no longer import them either.

(They have just bought one that was previously imported)