Bullnose Forums

No control power to starter solenoid 84 f150 and ECM Delete

My misunderstanding. I didn't realize there is a jumper in there. But it still won't start? Since you should power to that connector then you apparently have a break in the wire from there out to the starter relay.

However, you said earlier that when you "jump across it" the engine will start. But what do you mean by "jump across it"? Have you tried using a small jumper from the battery terminal to the little terminal where the R/LB wire attaches?

As for the ignition, I'll find you a wiring diagram for the relay for an HEI system...

Jumping from the positive post on the battery side of the starter solenoid to the S terminal.

Will this harness work with Duraspark II?

Ford trucks are set up for both EEC IV AND DS-II.

The DS-II plugs will be folded back and taped into the harness.

The clutch jumper goes to the reverse/gear switch on the side of the transmission, and then to the starter relay.

That's why I said try it in Neutral, or try to jumper the plug at the transmission.

Do you understand how to use the EVTM?

It has all the troubleshooting spelled out for you.

Ford trucks are set up for both EEC IV AND DS-II.

The DS-II plugs will be folded back and taped into the harness.

The clutch jumper goes to the reverse/gear switch on the side of the transmission, and then to the starter relay.

That's why I said try it in Neutral, or try to jumper the plug at the transmission.

Do you understand how to use the EVTM?

It has all the troubleshooting spelled out for you.

This should get you close. Gary doesn't have an '84 up on the site but they are pretty much the same, except there was no option for 5.0 EFI in '84.

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/start--ignition-gasoline-engines.html

Troubleshooting is at the end of the chapter.

Let us know if you can't get it figured out.