Bullnose Forums

Rolling Idle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH Yes you found it I have one in the cheap kit they sent me. Now..... how to install it.

Nope, Im looking at right now and it looks like that was replaced with a red umbrella check valve

I thought we were talking about the accelerator pump.

Did you read the topic? :nabble_anim_confused:

You're talking about replacing the check ball/weight with an umbrella style valve.

Personally I would never screw up a carb like that, but if things were done you have to deal with it.

Maybe Bill will come back with some nuggets of wisdom from his decades of carb shop experience....

I thought we were talking about the accelerator pump.

Any idea what is in little port in the previous pics? Well, This is what Im going to do and if you have a better idea I would very much like to hear it cause im at a loss.

1 Install the new Acc pump diaphragm

2 install the old power valve

3 put it back together

4 set the air fuel mix

5 and if that doesnt work find an edlebrock to replace it with as I dont have the knowledge to deal with this.

Any idea what is in little port in the previous pics? Well, This is what Im going to do and if you have a better idea I would very much like to hear it cause im at a loss.

1 Install the new Acc pump diaphragm

2 install the old power valve

3 put it back together

4 set the air fuel mix

5 and if that doesnt work find an edlebrock to replace it with as I dont have the knowledge to deal with this.

Like I said, I may have a 650 AVS, but I haven't been there in 6 months, since the guy has mental paranoia and a drinking problem.. 🥴

The Holley is really simple.

I'm not sure what was done to it or why it was "messed with"...