Bullnose Forums

Hello all

New user here.

I found this site searching for Gear Vendor help.

I have a 1985 Extra Cab 250 4x4 with the 6.9 and an ATS turbo. Gear Vendor overdrive. 4.10's and an old man lounger interior that's slated for a change.

Had a 89 7.3 but it was 2WD so I sold it. had 60K original miles and rust free but it became worthless to me in north Idaho. Rode like a Cadillac.

Dave

Welcome, Dave! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

The truck sounds interesting. The turbo ought to wake that IDI up, and the Gear Vendors overdrive out to tame those 4.10s. :nabble_smiley_good:

Show us some pics? This site makes it kind of hard to post pics so you might want to read how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQs.

And you might be interested in the map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map. I can add you with a city/state or zip.

Welcome Dave! :nabble_waving_orig:

6.9 is a stone reliable engine. Though I've never installed a turbo on one myself, it does wake them up.

I'm sure you need that on the continental divide.

I might have been tempted to swap the 7.3 given how easy it is to make power with one of those.

Welcome Dave! :nabble_waving_orig:

6.9 is a stone reliable engine. Though I've never installed a turbo on one myself, it does wake them up.

I'm sure you need that on the continental divide.

I might have been tempted to swap the 7.3 given how easy it is to make power with one of those.

When I tried taking my 7.3 IDI above 7000 feet it was junk. I have heard they loose about 10% of power per 1000 feet of elevation gain. I was going 25 mph and finally did a U turn back down the grade.

Welcome, Dave! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

The truck sounds interesting. The turbo ought to wake that IDI up, and the Gear Vendors overdrive out to tame those 4.10s. :nabble_smiley_good:

Show us some pics? This site makes it kind of hard to post pics so you might want to read how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQs.

And you might be interested in the map, which you can see at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map. I can add you with a city/state or zip.

Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 . 7 miles NE of city center.

Thanks

When I tried taking my 7.3 IDI above 7000 feet it was junk. I have heard they loose about 10% of power per 1000 feet of elevation gain. I was going 25 mph and finally did a U turn back down the grade.

I'm not saying stock. But the 7.3 has simple potential.

Obviously the turbo is going to work at altitude, they were developed for aircraft. 💡

I had a Hudderite/Mennonite aunt that lived up near the border, back in the day.

The Continental divide sure is beautiful.

Glad you've joined us! 👍