Bullnose Forums

Found a wiring harness I didn't know I had

I tore my dash apart to fix the defrost baffle and found a wiring harness above the glove box under the dash hooked it up now it buzzes when the lights are on and I open the door. Any Ideas what else it does? I also have my dash completely disassembled should I take care of anything while its open?

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined.

You didn't tell us anything about your truck, and that makes a difference. For instance in 1981 there was only the seatbelt warning buzzer, but by '85 the buzzer included the lights on & key in the ignition.

As for what else, unless someone disconnected it there's nothing to be reconnected. But depending on the level of your options you might not have the underdash courtesy lights and you could add them.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined.

You didn't tell us anything about your truck, and that makes a difference. For instance in 1981 there was only the seatbelt warning buzzer, but by '85 the buzzer included the lights on & key in the ignition.

As for what else, unless someone disconnected it there's nothing to be reconnected. But depending on the level of your options you might not have the underdash courtesy lights and you could add them.

Yes, Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

And, yes you really should create a signature so we know what truck you're speaking of when you post! 🙂

I'll find out what else it does tomorrow when I put it all back together. Thanks for tips and how does my signature look more or less info?

What engine displacement is it, and how big is the carb? (Or specific model like 0-80457-S)

Have you looked at the '85 EVTM?

Can you identify the connector?

What engine displacement is it, and how big is the carb? (Or specific model like 0-80457-S)

Have you looked at the '85 EVTM?

Can you identify the connector?

Along with the headlight buzzer I noticed the seatbealt light is on now. I'm guessing thats it but we'll see.