Bullnose Forums

Power Steering Bracket Needed

It's D8AZ-A

'83-'89 F-100-350, F-Superduty and F53 stripped chassis.

The only engine available in all of those is a 460.

Good catch, Jim. So the 351W nor the IDI was available in those? I didn't know that. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I think I may have one! Found a power steering pump that still has the bracket on it, and the pulley is marked E3TC 3D673-CA, which is PN E3TZ 3A733-C and that fits an 83 on 460 with 4wd. So it must be the C-II pump off of Big Blue.

I'll pull the pulley off and see what the bracket's # is... :nabble_smiley_super:

Gary,

Nice work! You guys are awesome. I can use the pulley off of that pump (E3TC 3D673 CA) if you can spare it. Thank you again for the help.

Gary,

Nice work! You guys are awesome. I can use the pulley off of that pump (E3TC 3D673 CA) if you can spare it. Thank you again for the help.

I can spare the pulley, but I need to get it off in order to get the bracket off so we can ID the bracket. (I can't find the ID# but then it is greasy and I can't see all of it with it mounted.) But I loaned the puller out so will get it back from Steve/FoxFord33 and then I can get it apart and look for the #.

So if you can get the ID# off of yours then we can make sure this is the right one.

If those rascals had put bolts in there just long enough to come to the back edge of the bracket then I might have been able to get it off w/o removing the pulley. :nabble_smiley_cry:

PS_Pump_Bolt_In.jpg.29f497044010a13378a527b818d65a9b.jpgPS_Pump_Bolt_Almost_Out.jpg.2364c86e2a65052d822069f5dbbd0f3f.jpg

I can spare the pulley, but I need to get it off in order to get the bracket off so we can ID the bracket. (I can't find the ID# but then it is greasy and I can't see all of it with it mounted.) But I loaned the puller out so will get it back from Steve/FoxFord33 and then I can get it apart and look for the #.

So if you can get the ID# off of yours then we can make sure this is the right one.

If those rascals had put bolts in there just long enough to come to the back edge of the bracket then I might have been able to get it off w/o removing the pulley. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Gary,

You identified the very reason I broke the bracket and need a new pulley. I decided force was better than the right tool for the job…and it didn’t work out too well.

Upon further scrubbing I did find a number on that bracket. I can’t make it out for sure but I believe it’s d6ac8a732aa. I’ll try to search some using that number to see what I find. Thanks again.

Jeremy D.

It's D8AZ-A

'83-'89 F-100-350, F-Superduty and F53 stripped chassis.

The only engine available in all of those is a 460.

Good catch, Jim. So the 351W nor the IDI was available in those? I didn't know that. :nabble_smiley_good:

Note that I said available in ALL of those...

The IDI was never available in 100-150 trucks.

The 351 HO is not nearly enough for a F-450 (Superduty) or a 30' motorhome.

So what appeared in '83, and stayed carbureted (V-belt) through '89 in Motorhomes and Superduty??? 🤔

So what appeared in '83, and stayed carbureted (V-belt) through '89 in Motorhomes and Superduty??? 🤔

A 385 series? :nabble_smiley_evil:

As for the ID#, let's start with the PN that Jim suggested: E3TZ 3A732-A. That cross references to: D8AC 3A732- AA, A1A, or A2A. So I'll bet your "d6ac 8a732aa" is actually D8AC 8A732-AA. Trust me, the 6's and 8's are really hard to tell apart, as I proved on that AIR bracket earlier - it is clearly an 8, but there is no such ID# and a 6 works perfectly.

So if I can find one of those #'s on this part we'll have a match.

Gary,

You identified the very reason I broke the bracket and need a new pulley. I decided force was better than the right tool for the job…and it didn’t work out too well.

Upon further scrubbing I did find a number on that bracket. I can’t make it out for sure but I believe it’s d6ac8a732aa. I’ll try to search some using that number to see what I find. Thanks again.

Jeremy D.

Where did you find that number? Maybe I can see it on this one if I knew where to look.

Where did you find that number? Maybe I can see it on this one if I knew where to look.

Gary,

In the first picture I sent, it would be on the bottom of the top, right corner. The only corner that has a post coming off of the main plate. Hopefully that makes sense.

Gary,

In the first picture I sent, it would be on the bottom of the top, right corner. The only corner that has a post coming off of the main plate. Hopefully that makes sense.

That makes sense, but I don't see anything on this one.

I hope to get the puller tonight and will get it off in the morning and see if I can find some #'s on the bracket. But I'm pretty sure this is the right one as I've seen bits of that ugly red paint that was on the other brackets. So :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

That makes sense, but I don't see anything on this one.

I hope to get the puller tonight and will get it off in the morning and see if I can find some #'s on the bracket. But I'm pretty sure this is the right one as I've seen bits of that ugly red paint that was on the other brackets. So :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! Looks like D8AC 3A732-AA to me. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So if you'll email me your address (janeyandgary@gmail.com) I'll get the pulley and the bracket out to you tomorrow.

D8AC_3A732-AA_Best.jpg.891a8e1bb71c51600fe908cfece360fd.jpg