Bullnose Forums

Power Steering Bracket Needed

Good evening, I’m making good progress on my F-250 restoration. I did make a dumb decision and ended up breaking my power steering pump bracket.

I was wondering if anyone had one laying around or if you can help me find another one. I’m having trouble finding a part number to search for. It’s a 1984 F250 with a 460. Thanks for the help.

IMG_4307.jpeg.a4a6b1f43e8cacc1f1094cab360fd185.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg.9daaf43b82c9b6d967b635ed24d45324.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bracket should be the same '83-'87, but will differ depending on if you have A/C.

I'm unable to find the proper page here on the site, and unfortunately I'm laid up in a hospital bed ATM....

I would have thought that there was an illustration in the Saginaw swap pages, but they are "Under Construction"

Hopefully Gary will be along to help.

The bracket should be the same '83-'87, but will differ depending on if you have A/C.

I'm unable to find the proper page here on the site, and unfortunately I'm laid up in a hospital bed ATM....

I would have thought that there was an illustration in the Saginaw swap pages, but they are "Under Construction"

Hopefully Gary will be along to help.

According to the MPC the part number for a 460 w/o A/C is E3TZ 3C511-D. But I don't see a listing for one with A/C so is there one bracket for the A/C compressor and PS pump?

And apparently this truck doesn't have A/C?

numbers.thumb.jpg.5efb6d66aa5efdf028dfc34598f72303.jpg

According to the MPC the part number for a 460 w/o A/C is E3TZ 3C511-D. But I don't see a listing for one with A/C so is there one bracket for the A/C compressor and PS pump?

Interesting that they don't have the AC application. :nabble_anim_confused:

I'm pretty sure that Bill has pictures of Darth, but I know he's rocking the pump and heater box from The Giving Truck....

I'm pretty sure that Bill has pictures of Darth, but I know he's rocking the pump and heater box from The Giving Truck....

I'm looking through pictures of pulling Big Blue's original engine to see what that bracket looks like....

I'm looking through pictures of pulling Big Blue's original engine to see what that bracket looks like....

Here are the brackets I took off of Big Blue, and I don't see one that looks like what we are looking for. Am I missing it?

Big_Blues_460_Brackets.thumb.jpg.dd3892742569cdb98953800a4332ac65.jpg

Here are the brackets I took off of Big Blue, and I don't see one that looks like what we are looking for. Am I missing it?

The cast bracket pivots inside the stamped piece in the lower right, with the crescent slot....

The cast bracket is captive between the pump and pulley.

Let me see if I have a good shot of the original dual belt setup and mount for the PS pump. I believe that setup was with A/C.

Ok, I found them. First picture, you can see the PS pump mount casting under the AC compressor.

IMGP0513.thumb.jpg.4b685fef462f4f2be36c162ff8f568a3.jpg

Second picture you can see the PS pump mount where the pivot bolt passes through it.

IMGP0515.thumb.jpg.fa19ca2d2822f2fd439c4ac466861370.jpg

And, no, I no longer have any of that.

Let me see if I have a good shot of the original dual belt setup and mount for the PS pump. I believe that setup was with A/C.

Ok, I found them. First picture, you can see the PS pump mount casting under the AC compressor.

Second picture you can see the PS pump mount where the pivot bolt passes through it.

And, no, I no longer have any of that.

I've got dual belts but no ac.

I'm kinda unable to go take a picture, unfortunately. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Gary, my truck does have A/C if that helps. Thank you everyone for digging into this.