Bullnose Forums

OUR NEW NAME AGAIN - PLEASE VOTE!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan - Duly noted. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary, not to beat a dead horse here, but I think your name should be included in the clubs name. You’re the guy who got it all started and built this place for us and have kept it up. It is our club but you deserve credit. I think “Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum” would be a fine name. Or that name sans “Gary” if you prefer.

Gary, not to beat a dead horse here, but I think your name should be included in the clubs name. You’re the guy who got it all started and built this place for us and have kept it up. It is our club but you deserve credit. I think “Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum” would be a fine name. Or that name sans “Gary” if you prefer.

Matt - Remind me about Blue Oval Trucks Klan, or BOTK, if we need to have another poll.

Waylon - If there's enough support for "Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum" we can put it on the poll.

All - What are your thoughts about these two suggestions?

Matt - Remind me about Blue Oval Trucks Klan, or BOTK, if we need to have another poll.

Waylon - If there's enough support for "Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum" we can put it on the poll.

I like the option with Gary in the name.

Being from the south…. I try to shy away from anything that has klan in the name. But, no worries if it’s on the poll.

I like the idea of "Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum" personally. It keeps a nice reference to the current forum.

I support the « Gary’s » proposal.

Nice way to keep our captain at the helm.

😉

I like the option with Gary in the name.

Being from the south…. I try to shy away from anything that has klan in the name. But, no worries if it’s on the poll.

I also like having Gary in the name.

And being from the north I am strongly repelled by anything that has klan in the name. Not saying I'd boycott the forum if it had the name, but it would fall a long way below whatever would be my last choice.

I like the idea of "Gary’s Bullnose Truck Enthusiasts Forum" personally. It keeps a nice reference to the current forum.

I like the idea of keeping Gary in the name honestly. my sarcasm made me think of a similarity of another group and thought "blu trux klan" so I slightly filtered it. but not serious. just a smart "A". tongue in cheek comment.

I like the idea of keeping Gary in the name honestly. my sarcasm made me think of a similarity of another group and thought "blu trux klan" so I slightly filtered it. but not serious. just a smart "A". tongue in cheek comment.

The hesitation with Enthusiasts in the name.. we don't want to overlap/infringe on another forum for Ford Trucks.

not in the URL but all over the logo and forum topic names.

I'll provide an opposing viewpoint. Gary's name shouldn't be in the name if he doesn't want it to be.

Reason: Some of us don't like being put on a pedestal when we don't want to be. I fight this every day at work. Name everything I've done after me, especially the good ones. I personally feel this is disrespectful to the other people who gave me a hand along the way, or the people who will follow in my footsteps, especially if it's something that doesn't belong to me but the company. To the point where on our department's drive on company servers, most people have a personal folder for other the view, but I created a dedicated folder for such things that anybody could use (and I'm the only one using it).

How to say this without being disrespectful... if for some hypothetical reason Gary were to no longer be part of the forum, would it die? Or would it continue?

Example is the forum that used to be my main forum... the founder of the site recently sold it to another party (but he didn't annouce it publicly, the only hint was that the site suddenly was upgraded to a new platform and the "Admin" account actually was being used to post things with a separate personality from the ex-owner's personal account (which still has admin privileges). As the guy's buddy (he's the person in MO that I visit every time I head out west) I was in on it... and while I was already largely detached, I've been even more since. But, his name was never in the forum name, and while he's more or less a regular user now, the site keeps on with what it was doing (and if anything, the new owners are taking it to new places)... Obviously, his presence on the forum is part of the site history and culture (at least among relatively veteran users), but for 95% of site viewers, they'd never notice if he was missing.

---

Another point: Per a thread I haven't made yet, I was part of a car show yesterday... and all winners had their registered club's name mentioned when awards were announced (there also was a "who had the most members at the show" award, but that was determined verbally during the closing ceremony since many people are members of multiple groups/clubs). I didn't win anything, but I don't know how well "from the Bullnose Bible Club" would have gone over at an event that is on the border of the bible belt. Next year, I will not be putting that on the entry form!

For these reasons, I advocate for a name that is meaningful but doesn't sound like somebody's friend club (especially somebody that outside of our group, is not widely recognized) or something that could be misconstrued as a Bible study, church group, or outright blasphemy. I am not in favor of an official name that has "Gary" or "Bible" in it.