Bullnose Forums

OUR NEW NAME AGAIN - PLEASE VOTE!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As part of the upcoming move to InVision we are going to incorporate as a 501c7 non-profit. In doing so we have to have an official name, so this poll is to get your input on what name to use.

However, as we do this I think it is time to get away from the garysgaragemahal URL and use one that fits our name. Until today we only had two reserved: bullnosebible.com & bullnoseenthusiasts.com. But Chris suggested we pick up bullnosetrucks.org, so I did. I think our name should basically be basically one of those.

However, in Oklahoma the name of a corporation must contain one of these words: association; company; corporation; club; foundation; fund; incorporated; institute; society; union; syndicate; or limited. To me only "association", "club", and "society" seem to work for us, although if you think otherwise please let me know.

Anyway, that gives these combinations as options, although I don't care for the "bible" combinations. Anyway, please vote.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry,

I'll vote when I care one bit

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts Club".

I didn't like any of the "bible" names because with the word "bible" next to "club", "association" or "society" it sounds like it's a Bible club rather than a Bullnose club. That seems very misleading and confusing.

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts" rather than "Bullnose Trucks" because some of us don't have a bullnose truck, but we're still enthusiasts, so that name seems more inclusive.

I don't have a strong feeling about "club", "association" or "society". "Society" is my least favorite because it has connotations to me of being too high-brow, but I could certainly live with it. I chose "club" over "association" simply because that's what everyone else was landing on.

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts Club".

I didn't like any of the "bible" names because with the word "bible" next to "club", "association" or "society" it sounds like it's a Bible club rather than a Bullnose club. That seems very misleading and confusing.

I voted for "Bullnose Enthusiasts" rather than "Bullnose Trucks" because some of us don't have a bullnose truck, but we're still enthusiasts, so that name seems more inclusive.

I don't have a strong feeling about "club", "association" or "society". "Society" is my least favorite because it has connotations to me of being too high-brow, but I could certainly live with it. I chose "club" over "association" simply because that's what everyone else was landing on.

Oh, and while I agree that moving away from the "garysgaragemahal.com" URL makes sense, I do think we ought to keep "Gary's Garagemahal" in some way, shape or form. Gary, you may not agree with me on this (but if you don't, you're wrong! :nabble_smiley_happy:), but I think that your role as founder of this whole thing should be memorialized. This is your baby! That's a huge part of why it is what it is. We appreciate you for it and we shouldn't forget it. The fact that you are the founder and that we appreciate what you've created is really the foundation of our (currently unwritten) constitution.

And yes, YOU created this. We all helped build it into what it is now, but it's your creation. That's important to know and to remember.

Oh, and while I agree that moving away from the "garysgaragemahal.com" URL makes sense, I do think we ought to keep "Gary's Garagemahal" in some way, shape or form. Gary, you may not agree with me on this (but if you don't, you're wrong! :nabble_smiley_happy:), but I think that your role as founder of this whole thing should be memorialized. This is your baby! That's a huge part of why it is what it is. We appreciate you for it and we shouldn't forget it. The fact that you are the founder and that we appreciate what you've created is really the foundation of our (currently unwritten) constitution.

And yes, YOU created this. We all helped build it into what it is now, but it's your creation. That's important to know and to remember.

Bob - Good explanation for why you voted the way you did. Your thinking is quite similar to mine, by the way. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Concerning Gary's Garagemahal, perhaps we could immortalize that in an About page? Maybe trace the history of that moniker, outline why I started a website, how that website morphed into the Bullnose library, when & why the forum was started, etc?

If that is worded correctly it will paint a picture of "community", which is what we are and what was, and still is, lacking elsewhere. Voting on the name is just one example of that. I know that many are interested in what we call ourselves and I don't want to make that decision w/o their input.

Which leads me to something I've been thinking about a lot - the board of directors. A non-profit has to have a BoD and I want to set this one up with a few people who will help make decisions about the place. For far too long I've been making those decisions by myself. If we had one now they would have helped find a new platform, decide on the name, and helped me investigate how to become a non-profit. And certainly they would have helped make the decision to hire a legal firm to make it happen.

So while it has been Gary's Garagemahal, I want it to be something more inclusive. I want it to be a community of people who not only care about these vehicles but also care about each other.

I don't care at all what the name becomes.

Though I may think one or the other suits better, I still don't care about something that will never matter to me.

‘CLEAR’ over and out! CJ

I voted Bullnose Enthusiast Club, for similarly stated reasons.

One thing I’d like to throw out there tho is, there are a (large?) number of folks that are aware of the monikers “Gary’s bullnose bible” “Garagemahel”, etc.

How are people going to find the new name when searching for the old name?