Bullnose Forums

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MIGRATION - PLEASE READ

Gary, I've been on the other side of the pond for a bit and haven't checked in.

Please place me on the contributor list and call on me when the time comes.

Mark - You are now on the list. Thanks!

Visiting home? How are things there?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark - You are now on the list. Thanks!

Visiting home? How are things there?

Boy, you all sure have been busy since I checked in last! I've been super busy the last year or so, but plan to get back to my truck, this forum, and all of you over the summer as much as I can.

Needless to say, please put me down on the donor list, Gary - as valuable as this forum has been to me, I'd be happy to chip in any reasonable amount (and then some) to keep the party going.

Put me on the list. I thought I already said so, but I don't think I actually ever did.

Matthew & Larry - You are both on the list. Thanks!

Everyone - I called at 4:00 today, a Friday before a holiday, and didn't get to talk to anyone at the lawyer's office. That's not really a surprise, but the fact that I've not heard from them for a full week suggests that they don't think we qualify as a 501C7.

Given that I'm researching how to do this otherwise, and it looks like Bob is right - I don't have to pay taxes on gifts. (But the giver can't claim it as a tax break either.) So I'm thinking that I'll set up a separate bank account and all the gifts will go into it. I'll keep track of income and show the aggregate on the website as well as the outgo.

By doing that we won't have the $500 one-time lawyer's fee, won't have to set up a company so won't have to have to nail down a name for the company, don't need a board of directors, don't need to vote, etc.

But I still want to hear from the lawyer to know for sure. So I'll chase them again next week. But in the interim I'm laying plans. But that would mean we don't really have to change the name, or can change it to whatever we want.

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew & Larry - You are both on the list. Thanks!

Everyone - I called at 4:00 today, a Friday before a holiday, and didn't get to talk to anyone at the lawyer's office. That's not really a surprise, but the fact that I've not heard from them for a full week suggests that they don't think we qualify as a 501C7.

Given that I'm researching how to do this otherwise, and it looks like Bob is right - I don't have to pay taxes on gifts. (But the giver can't claim it as a tax break either.) So I'm thinking that I'll set up a separate bank account and all the gifts will go into it. I'll keep track of income and show the aggregate on the website as well as the outgo.

By doing that we won't have the $500 one-time lawyer's fee, won't have to set up a company so won't have to have to nail down a name for the company, don't need a board of directors, don't need to vote, etc.

But I still want to hear from the lawyer to know for sure. So I'll chase them again next week. But in the interim I'm laying plans. But that would mean we don't really have to change the name, or can change it to whatever we want.

Hi.

Did not know what was going on with the Bullnose Forum before this evening.

Have mostly been reading " projects ".

This post should be at the top of the list.

Thanks for all the work you and your helpers put into this forum.

Sign me up as donor.

Greetings Stein

Hi.

Did not know what was going on with the Bullnose Forum before this evening.

Have mostly been reading " projects ".

This post should be at the top of the list.

Thanks for all the work you and your helpers put into this forum.

Sign me up as donor.

Greetings Stein

Thanks, Stein! You might take a look at this post in How To Pay - If You Want To Do So. But if that doesn't work for you please let me know.

As for the post being at the top of the list, that's one of the problems with the Nabble software. But once we are on InVision it'll be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Stein! You might take a look at this post in How To Pay - If You Want To Do So. But if that doesn't work for you please let me know.

As for the post being at the top of the list, that's one of the problems with the Nabble software. But once we are on InVision it'll be different.

Hi.

In Norway I am a member of a forum called " kammeret.no " . Its a forum about firearms, hunting and such. And it is actually " run " by the company you plan to move to. In kammeret you can see an alternativ for sponsorship.

It is a banner. Brownells.no. Brownells has their own post or what shall I call it where they can promote their products. But you have to go there at your own will. Not disturbing at all.

Greetings Stein

Hi.

In Norway I am a member of a forum called " kammeret.no " . Its a forum about firearms, hunting and such. And it is actually " run " by the company you plan to move to. In kammeret you can see an alternativ for sponsorship.

It is a banner. Brownells.no. Brownells has their own post or what shall I call it where they can promote their products. But you have to go there at your own will. Not disturbing at all.

Greetings Stein

Thanks, Stein. I see the banner, and once we get to Invision I can put a banner up like that one. But there's no way to put one up on Nabble, so we will have to wait to do that.

Thanks, Stein. I see the banner, and once we get to Invision I can put a banner up like that one. But there's no way to put one up on Nabble, so we will have to wait to do that.

Yes.

Hope you get the funding you need to move 🙂.