Bullnose Forums

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MIGRATION - PLEASE READ

The way I'm reading it, it wouldn't matter what benefit "the general public" got from the site. As long as we didn't charge them we weren't "engaged in business" with them.

In other words, the country club example didn't say the club wouldn't qualify if they let the public play there for free, just if they charged the public (and the members then benefited from the money brought in).

I'm very sure you, and I, are right, Bob. I say that because I just hired a law firm and they agree. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'd read, and read, and read and kept coming up with so many hoops people thought we needed to jump through that I was about to give up. So I called the Oklahoma Tax Commission and asked questions, which caused them to go away and ask someone else. They then came back and said I need to talk to the Oklahoma Secretary of State. But after being on with them a while they said I needed to talk to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. :nabble_anim_crazy:

And a 30 minute webinar I listened to said that since we have members in several different countries that we need to file all of these different documents. Plus, since we have members in most, if not all, states w/in the US we need to file documents in each state. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Then I found two different "free" sites that would walk me through the process of creating the charter & bylaws, but in both cases once I'd answered their questions and they'd created a document they wanted $100 to get the "free" document. And the document was just fulfilling one of the many steps in the process. LegalZoom was pretty much the same - $125 to file with the state.

But none of these outfits answered the questions we've been asking! They all assume that you've read the requirements and have determined that you qualify. But the Procedures For Organizing An Oklahoma Not For Profit Corporation specifically say in all upper case: PLEASE CONSULT THE STATUTES CAREFULLY.

So I searched for an "Oklahoma non-profit lawyer" and called Philip S. Haney. After a 30 minute conversation with them I'd gotten all our questions answered and then some. We qualify. They will get back with me tomorrow and we'll get started. It'll take about a week to file in OK, who will then turn it around in one or two business days. From that we'll file online with the IRS and have our Employee Identification Number (EIN) immediately. With an EIN I can open up a bank account and we can start accepting funds for the migration. :nabble_anim_jump:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, I speak for all of us who want to express our gratitude for all the effort you put into maintaining this forum!

I vote for the discreet offer of funding through your email address.

David - Thanks. I appreciate all the support you and the others have given me on this. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Little did we know almost seven years ago what this would grow into. Had we known we might have done things differently, but now we do and it is time to "do it right".

And "right" means having the systems in place to ensure that it hangs around for the long haul. We have many things to do in order to get there, and not just the software.

As for discreet funding, that is the plan. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm very sure you, and I, are right, Bob. I say that because I just hired a law firm and they agree. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'd read, and read, and read and kept coming up with so many hoops people thought we needed to jump through that I was about to give up. So I called the Oklahoma Tax Commission and asked questions, which caused them to go away and ask someone else. They then came back and said I need to talk to the Oklahoma Secretary of State. But after being on with them a while they said I needed to talk to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. :nabble_anim_crazy:

And a 30 minute webinar I listened to said that since we have members in several different countries that we need to file all of these different documents. Plus, since we have members in most, if not all, states w/in the US we need to file documents in each state. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Then I found two different "free" sites that would walk me through the process of creating the charter & bylaws, but in both cases once I'd answered their questions and they'd created a document they wanted $100 to get the "free" document. And the document was just fulfilling one of the many steps in the process. LegalZoom was pretty much the same - $125 to file with the state.

But none of these outfits answered the questions we've been asking! They all assume that you've read the requirements and have determined that you qualify. But the Procedures For Organizing An Oklahoma Not For Profit Corporation specifically say in all upper case: PLEASE CONSULT THE STATUTES CAREFULLY.

So I searched for an "Oklahoma non-profit lawyer" and called Philip S. Haney. After a 30 minute conversation with them I'd gotten all our questions answered and then some. We qualify. They will get back with me tomorrow and we'll get started. It'll take about a week to file in OK, who will then turn it around in one or two business days. From that we'll file online with the IRS and have our Employee Identification Number (EIN) immediately. With an EIN I can open up a bank account and we can start accepting funds for the migration. :nabble_anim_jump:

This is exciting and really great news, Gary! I would echo David’s statements and extend my appreciation for all of the effort you have put into making this happen.

:nabble_anim_handshake:

This is exciting and really great news, Gary! I would echo David’s statements and extend my appreciation for all of the effort you have put into making this happen.

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Jonathan - We started a long time ago, but now we have something that helps a whole lot of people. Thanks for your support.

Gary, I speak for all of us who want to express our gratitude for all the effort you put into maintaining this forum!

David - Thanks. I appreciate all the support you and the others have given me on this. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Little did we know almost seven years ago what this would grow into. Had we known we might have done things differently, but now we do and it is time to "do it right".

And "right" means having the systems in place to ensure that it hangs around for the long haul. We have many things to do in order to get there, and not just the software.

Being new to this adventure that my old truck is, this forum and experience has been invaluable since I am a few years behind the hayday of restoring a 40 year old truck.

I appreciate this forum and those that contribute and you can count me in to help.

Being new to this adventure that my old truck is, this forum and experience has been invaluable since I am a few years behind the hayday of restoring a 40 year old truck.

I appreciate this forum and those that contribute and you can count me in to help.

Thanks!

Gary, I, for one (a) hope this information and network of friends stays around for a long time. (b) would be willing to contribute to keeping it going.

Gary, I, for one (a) hope this information and network of friends stays around for a long time. (b) would be willing to contribute to keeping it going.

Thanks, Bill. I, too, hope "we" stay around for a long, long time. And by "we" I mean, you, me, and the community. But stents, back injections, and another set of birthdays give a sense of mortality. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Anyway, I have you down as a contributor and will hit you up when the time comes. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, I have you down as a contributor and will hit you up when the time comes. :nabble_smiley_good:

I didn't read all through this post, but I gather you are looking for commitments for contributions, I am definitely in. Let me know how and when.

I didn't read all through this post, but I gather you are looking for commitments for contributions, I am definitely in. Let me know how and when.

Gary, Thank you and whom ever else has helped get this thing going. I have not posted in a while have not had a chance to work on my 81" in almost a year now because of medical issues. but by GOD's grace i'm getting better day by day. PLease count me in for support just let me know when and how to contribute.

David (POPOPS81)