Bullnose Forums

Body mount bushings

Installed measurements is fine.

Well, I missed that you missed the email we sent you asking you to make your first post an introduction in the New Members Start Here folder. We do that because we have our guidelines there and since hold everyone to them we want you to have had a chance to read them.

Don't worry, lots of people miss that step, and we don't hold it against them - after they do it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So if you'll go do that I'll measure the rear cab mounts.

Well, I missed that you missed the email we sent you asking you to make your first post an introduction in the New Members Start Here folder. We do that because we have our guidelines there and since hold everyone to them we want you to have had a chance to read them.

Don't worry, lots of people miss that step, and we don't hold it against them - after they do it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So if you'll go do that I'll measure the rear cab mounts.

I've read thruit. I'm not very good at navigating thru things or computer stuff in general. It doesn't say where to post it or if I have to go to a different page

I've read thruit. I'm not very good at navigating thru things or computer stuff in general. It doesn't say where to post it or if I have to go to a different page

You'll get used to it as it is pretty simple. Click on the link above to the New Members Start Here folder and below the Suggestions click on the New Topic link. That'll open up so you can enter the title of your introduction and then the intro itself.

You'll get used to it as it is pretty simple. Click on the link above to the New Members Start Here folder and below the Suggestions click on the New Topic link. That'll open up so you can enter the title of your introduction and then the intro itself.

Ok, while you were posting I was measuring and taking pictures. As it turns out it is really hard to measure up there, but that socket is 2 1/2" tall and it almost slides in there.

Those are poly mounts and I'll warn you that if you put the grease on that comes with them you can easily make them 6" in diameter and 1" tall, long before hitting the torque spec. Been there, done that, and you could just keep cranking and watching them squish.

I had to pull them, thoroughly clean off the grease, and then put them in dry to get to the torque spec.

Rear_Cam_Mount_Measurement.thumb.jpg.e68538972439ee95507619a94ec69791.jpg

Ok, while you were posting I was measuring and taking pictures. As it turns out it is really hard to measure up there, but that socket is 2 1/2" tall and it almost slides in there.

Those are poly mounts and I'll warn you that if you put the grease on that comes with them you can easily make them 6" in diameter and 1" tall, long before hitting the torque spec. Been there, done that, and you could just keep cranking and watching them squish.

I had to pull them, thoroughly clean off the grease, and then put them in dry to get to the torque spec.

Thank you. 2.5 inches is what I was thinking they are. Mine needs to be 4 inches tall. My truck has a E150 frame.. I'll make up a bracket on top of the crossmember to make up the difference

Thank you. 2.5 inches is what I was thinking they are. Mine needs to be 4 inches tall. My truck has a E150 frame.. I'll make up a bracket on top of the crossmember to make up the difference

That's interesting. I'd like to see pics of your frame and how you are using a van frame for a pickup. :nabble_anim_confused:

Hopefully you will start a thread to show us how you do it.

That's interesting. I'd like to see pics of your frame and how you are using a van frame for a pickup. :nabble_anim_confused:

Hopefully you will start a thread to show us how you do it.

I can get some pictures this weekend. Only thing that I had to change was the rear cab mounts being taller. The rest of the mounts work as they should. The only other thing I had to do was drill the 2 holes for the front of the bed. It was several years ago when I did it but everything else bolted in. Used an 84 E150 frame