Bullnose Forums

Spark Plugs For Big Blue?

I haven't, Dane. Rock Auto shows the NGK 6630 V-Power, AUTOLITE 25, CHAMPION 18, ACDELCO CR43TS, and DENSO 5025 as being the correct heat copper plugs.

Have you run the NGK's?

NGK V-power all the way, every day. :nabble_smiley_super:

That number supercedes their old nomenclature UR-4, and works great in my truck.

NGK V-power all the way, every day. :nabble_smiley_super:

That number supercedes their old nomenclature UR-4, and works great in my truck.

Ok, I asked DeWayne to order the NGK 6630 V-Power plugs. He was busy so I don't know when they'll come in, but he'll get them and I'll put them in before the trip.

Thanks, guys. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'd have to agree that the efi engines still would have had copper from the factory. IIRC, it was a few years later that Ford went to platinum plugs, and I'm pretty sure that was when they also switched to the Triton boat anchors. (That is probably the worst vehicle transition ever. The obs Fords【with good, reliable engines】to the ugly roundbody junkhunks, with some of the trashiest engines ever made.)

That is absolutely n̶o̶t̶ true.

My local autoparts folks are not very savvy with older truck needs. Their specialty is definitely emissions parts for vehicles from the modern era :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

My local autoparts folks are not very savvy with older truck needs. Their specialty is definitely emissions parts for vehicles from the modern era :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

My parts man, DeWayne/93F3507.3 at Skiatook Auto Parts, is a member on here. Rarely, if ever, on but knows his Fords. Was telling me yesterday about the 70's F250 w/a 3.0 axle and a 460 he'd built. Even with the tall gears he surprised lots of people with an old truck. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Called him today and he was busy, so I said "I want the NGK copper plugs and I think they are the 6630 V-Power ones but you might check when you get the time, and then order them, please." No mention of price but just "order them, please". He'll call me tomorrow and tell me when they are in.

My parts man, DeWayne/93F3507.3 at Skiatook Auto Parts, is a member on here. Rarely, if ever, on but knows his Fords. Was telling me yesterday about the 70's F250 w/a 3.0 axle and a 460 he'd built. Even with the tall gears he surprised lots of people with an old truck. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Called him today and he was busy, so I said "I want the NGK copper plugs and I think they are the 6630 V-Power ones but you might check when you get the time, and then order them, please." No mention of price but just "order them, please". He'll call me tomorrow and tell me when they are in.

It's not an unusual plug (today, maybe, with all the iridium quad ground $25 sparkplugs being sold)

Amazon usually has them Prime.

It's not an unusual plug (today, maybe, with all the iridium quad ground $25 sparkplugs being sold)

Amazon usually has them Prime.

Yes, Amazon has them for $36.88 for 8 and says they fit Big Blue. But I started the conversation with DeWayne and I'll give him my business 'cause I know him.

Yes, Amazon has them for $36.88 for 8 and says they fit Big Blue. But I started the conversation with DeWayne and I'll give him my business 'cause I know him.

Oh, absolutely!

I'm just saying that if they're unavailable through the usual sources you have a fallback.

Oh, absolutely!

I'm just saying that if they're unavailable through the usual sources you have a fallback.

If DeWayne can't get them I'll call up John at Bumper To Bumper. Both of them contributed neat gifts for the show last year. As did O'Reilly's, come to think of it. So I'll give them all the business I can :nabble_smiley_wink: