Bullnose Forums

Dana 60 swap

It worked out great and I'm very happy I did it. So thanks for pushing. I never would have been happy with the horrible ride of the TTBs, and now we have a ride we can live with. Janey said just the other day how huge of a difference it made. :nabble_smiley_good:

Once in a while I have a clue about what to do! :nabble_smiley_teeth:. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I was already going to do the sky kit. I just thought while I’m performing surgery on the front end why not do a 60. I just don’t want to buy one that is not compatible in some way. So educate me please.

Like I said above, '86 - '97 F-350 front axle is compatible. Anything else is a fabrication job.

I think the sweet spot is probably what I did in the thread Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install. I went with a D60 & front driveshaft from a 1995 F350 and 2005 U-code Superduty springs.

As I said, I'd still consider the later coil sprung approach but I think that while it would ride better it causes you to need to change out the rear axle as well to keep the wheel bolt pattern the same.

Has Sky smothed out all these problems from your build in the link you provided? Makes me a little jumpy to try it after reading your link.

Has Sky smothed out all these problems from your build in the link you provided? Makes me a little jumpy to try it after reading your link.

I had serial #1, and yes they fixed the problem. I've put many miles on it since installing it and would do it again.