Bullnose Forums

Onan generator- off topic!

Ifitaintbroke

Generator is running! Wired it up(minus the actual "generator" part), put some gas in the carb, fiddled with the choke, and it fires right up. Runs good. Now I just have to make it work. :nabble_smiley_argh:

A temporary solution that works, is likely permanent! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

This is my friends ice cream truck.

I'm here to install my surplus Horrid Fate inverter, because James' died.

IMG_20240428_091958_MP.jpg.233fdcc1f0ce5726ecb8a0292374dd6d.jpg

IMG_20240428_092435_MP.jpg.7aa331a96772a75bd78da06c6ff46206.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs to run the pump for the hand sink....

How's yours working?

Mine's working fine. But I've learned that it doesn't take much running of the air compressor to bring the aux battery voltage down to the "complaint" level for the inverter - the point at which the alarm goes off. The compressor keeps running but the inverter ain't happy.

I need to put my clamp-on ammeter on the lead from the alternator and play with the hand throttle to see how many R's it takes to get full output. Then I'll bump it up to that when I'm compressing, winching, etc.

Mine's working fine. But I've learned that it doesn't take much running of the air compressor to bring the aux battery voltage down to the "complaint" level for the inverter - the point at which the alarm goes off. The compressor keeps running but the inverter ain't happy.

I need to put my clamp-on ammeter on the lead from the alternator and play with the hand throttle to see how many R's it takes to get full output. Then I'll bump it up to that when I'm compressing, winching, etc.

That's why 12V compressors are slow. It takes 10 times the amps to make the same power at 12V as you can make at 120V.

That's why 12V compressors are slow. It takes 10 times the amps to make the same power at 12V as you can make at 120V.

James had a bad ground connection at the GM side post battery cable.

But he has a BRAND NEW 2,000W inverter installed in his P30!!

IMG_20240502_072514.thumb.jpg.881a9243980dc3245938b7cee81e5ead.jpg

I really love life when I can pay it forward and shake someone's hand!

James had a bad ground connection at the GM side post battery cable.

But he has a BRAND NEW 2,000W inverter installed in his P30!!

I really love life when I can pay it forward and shake someone's hand!

Bob - Yes, it takes a LOT of current, but with the large aux battery Big Blue has it.

Jim - Glad you could help him. :nabble_anim_claps:

Bob - Yes, it takes a LOT of current, but with the large aux battery Big Blue has it.

Jim - Glad you could help him. :nabble_anim_claps:

I find it very odd that I would bump into an Onan generator.

I think I need to find an un-rusted tank for my friend James. 💡