Bullnose Forums

Onan generator- off topic!

Ifitaintbroke

.... The main issue with the thing was that the RV had had some winter miles on it, and the road salt and grime had gotten to the main circuit board in the generator and fried it....

Good point. I don't know that mine had that hard a life.but it is definitely in a harsher environment than my PowerHorse.

Ya, unfortunately for me my RV had had some winter miles on her. The underslung generator position I'm sure is perfectly fine in better climates. The replacement circuit board I bought had some upgrades over the original, one of which was a complete gel coat or similar clear coating that protected it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb is on, but now I need a starter solenoid, and some weather stripping. Will try to get pics soon.

What kind of starter?

Have you looked at Texas Industrial Electric?

They have a VAST assortment of quality components.

Gary was impressed with their service and knowledge.

What kind of starter?

Have you looked at Texas Industrial Electric?

They have a VAST assortment of quality components.

Gary was impressed with their service and knowledge.

Just a regular Ford style. Part# 2SS3 in my system. I've got it most of the way back together now. Next step is wiring. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Just a regular Ford style. Part# 2SS3 in my system. I've got it most of the way back together now. Next step is wiring. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Okay, I didn't realize that it was something common. :nabble_smiley_cool:

TIE is excellent, and Maniac Electric Motors is a great source for starter & alternator needs. 💡

.... The main issue with the thing was that the RV had had some winter miles on it, and the road salt and grime had gotten to the main circuit board in the generator and fried it....

Good point. I don't know that mine had that hard a life.but it is definitely in a harsher environment than my PowerHorse.

Ya, unfortunately for me my RV had had some winter miles on her. The underslung generator position I'm sure is perfectly fine in better climates. The replacement circuit board I bought had some upgrades over the original, one of which was a complete gel coat or similar clear coating that protected it.

Snowbirds for a reason....

No idea how "deep!" ended up in there. I didn't type that.

Generator is running! Wired it up(minus the actual "generator" part), put some gas in the carb, fiddled with the choke, and it fires right up. Runs good. Now I just have to make it work. :nabble_smiley_argh: