Bullnose Forums

1950 Chevy Pickup Resurection

Hole in head was probably heater connection. Oil filter is a bypass system, Plugging the supply line at the block will work. Filter can be relocated, most of them I saw were on the front part of the intake manifold.

I love the home made closed crankcase ventilation system!

Thanks, Bill. But this show shows the two heater hoses on the front. Maybe I'll just plug that hole.

And I think I'll bypass the oil filter for now.

Engine_On_Hook_Showing_Heater_Hoses.thumb.jpg.a992fecbbce27c0a375c74299d501ae2.jpg

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Bill. But this show shows the two heater hoses on the front. Maybe I'll just plug that hole.

And I think I'll bypass the oil filter for now.

Maybe that was the temerature sender. Don't bypass the oil filter, put a plug in the supply. If you bypass it you will just be dumping oil back into the pan, and will have no oil pressure.

Maybe that was the temerature sender. Don't bypass the oil filter, put a plug in the supply. If you bypass it you will just be dumping oil back into the pan, and will have no oil pressure.

I'll bet you are right, that was the temp sender. I'll plug it.

And I didn't mean I'd bypass the filter. Just plug it. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll bet you are right, that was the temp sender. I'll plug it.

And I didn't mean I'd bypass the filter. Just plug it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary and Bill,

You two are a combined wealth of information. Thanks for contributing to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Gary and Bill,

You two are a combined wealth of information. Thanks for contributing to the forum! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thanks, David. But I'm just the one trying to re-learn what I've forgotten about the Chevy engines. Bill is supplying the knowledge.

Thanks, David. But I'm just the one trying to re-learn what I've forgotten about the Chevy engines. Bill is supplying the knowledge.

Well, some times you have to use what you have on hand.

No, I didn't have a nice 1/2" pipe thread plug. But I had a brass nipple and a cap. So why not?

And it won't leak - right, Jim. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Manifold_Fitting_Plugged.thumb.jpg.e4405c57d8e178302fce3994ce69b444.jpg

Well, some times you have to use what you have on hand.

No, I didn't have a nice 1/2" pipe thread plug. But I had a brass nipple and a cap. So why not?

And it won't leak - right, Jim. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Looks good to me!

I'm afraid I know nothing of post war inline sixes..

But you know what the sealant is, and it is on both ends. Ain't gonna leak, regardless of where that opening goes. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I now have 3 tubes.

One in my top box, one it my Go box and one in the sealants tub on the shelf.

I do NOT have an open can of High Tack anywhere..... anymore! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I now have 3 tubes.

One in my top box, one it my Go box and one in the sealants tub on the shelf.

I do NOT have an open can of High Tack anywhere..... anymore! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I have an open bottle of an equivalent of High Tack. Open because if I put the lid back on it'll never come off again. The last two times water pump pliers got it off, but it is now misshapen and doesn't want to screw on.

So yes, that's my go-to stuff, both for a sealant as well as to ensure SS fasteners don't gall.