Bullnose Forums

Tires & Wheels For L'il Blue?

Not Mars, but Nicaragua. Less than universal wifi and lots of work. He's the director for One World Health for that part of the world and they build health care facilities so the rank and file have access. They've built something like 10 facilities in the recent years and, while he's there, he meets with his staff. Plus, having lived there for years, he has friends he may visit. And, last I heard, you don't fly into Nicaragua you fly into Costa Rica and drive up to Managua. So he will be busy.

I'm sure he'd like the aluminum wheels like I have on Dad's truck. Or wagon wheels. Or steelies and I'll find covers. Just something somewhat period correct that gets away from the thimble/rubber band look the PO put on.

Thanks!

I know what he does.

Costa Rica because it's been a CIA stronghold forever and there are lots of prostitution tourists, so lots of flights and 'good' airports.

I know what he does.

Costa Rica because it's been a CIA stronghold forever and there are lots of prostitution tourists, so lots of flights and 'good' airports.

Thanks Jim, for checking around. If there’s nothing close, I may find something workable online. I think I’m looking for something like this- maybe slightly larger. If someone has decent tires, great, but I have expected to have to go new with those once I have the wheels nailed down. IMG_5265.jpeg.2cb39a8c91d5097297d612b9db030d8d.jpeg

Thanks Jim, for checking around. If there’s nothing close, I may find something workable online. I think I’m looking for something like this- maybe slightly larger. If someone has decent tires, great, but I have expected to have to go new with those once I have the wheels nailed down.

6" wide Alcoa's?

You DO want the skinny pizza cutter look!

Thanks TJ, it's about time to wake the my sister and put her on the hunt. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

6" wide Alcoa's?

You DO want the skinny pizza cutter look!

Thanks TJ, it's about time to wake the my sister and put her on the hunt. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Now that I understand the term “spoked” wheels, I’m open to those as well. Like Gary said, she’s had these ugly wide rims & tires ( imo), so even 7s will look “skinny” to me!

Searching back through to see pics of other guys’ set ups now.

IMG_5266.jpeg.abeffd0dbfc5ad211155147d1bb63cc8.jpeg

Now that I understand the term “spoked” wheels, I’m open to those as well. Like Gary said, she’s had these ugly wide rims & tires ( imo), so even 7s will look “skinny” to me!

Searching back through to see pics of other guys’ set ups now.

Yes, spoked means Wagon Wheels, but the ones with round holes are aluminum.

I think you'd be happier with 7" (at least there's a FAR better selection of tires in that 220--240 range than 185-220)

"Poverty" dog dish wheel covers on steelies might look great on your truck.

(But I AM a little biased!)

I think you'd be happier with 7" (at least there's a FAR better selection of tires in that 220--240 range than 185-220)

These are wagonwheels. Dad's truck came with those from the factory.

Johns_Wagonwheels.thumb.jpg.493b03c7ebcf0874b7b876bbd3e93c0e.jpg

Great! I’m open to multiple options.

What do yall think of going an inch or so taller?

From what I read on here, I see guys go way outside of “stock” without too much problem, unless they go crazy.

Great! I’m open to multiple options.

What do yall think of going an inch or so taller?

From what I read on here, I see guys go way outside of “stock” without too much problem, unless they go crazy.

Here is OBS wheels from an early 90s truck on my 84 F150 that I used to have. The tires were 30x9.5x15 which in my opinion is the largest that can fit a 2WD stock F150 without rubbing. The chrome on the OBS worked well with the chrome trim. If your truck has no chrome trim, maybe white wheels may look better ?

DFC4D21A-D985-4AD8-AD4C-1F9FD72A03BD.jpeg.1031a74bf5f5ddb369c7e37e941fa56a.jpeg

DF56DAE3-AB83-436E-B157-61594ECAAAC4.jpeg.f0347d84fe291c8fc872d9add8785b3b.jpeg