Bullnose Forums

Tires & Wheels For L'il Blue?

My SiL, TJ/tjmac, is looking for tires and wheels for his '84 F150 called L'il Blue. He knew the wheels on the truck are way too wide, but didn't realize that the tires are quite old.

He'd like stock-sized wheels, but might could go a bit taller and/or wider than stock. And he's in Charleston, SC. So if anyone near there has a good set of tires and wheels you are willing to sell please let him know.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No hurry as TJ will be on a trip as of today for about a week. Thanks.

Is HE looking for anything specific, or just 5 on 5.5, 15" only?

Widths?

Decent tires? (this decade)

Edit:7" rims 235's????

Is HE looking for anything specific, or just 5 on 5.5, 15" only?

Widths?

Decent tires? (this decade)

Edit:7" rims 235's????

I wish I could answer that, but he is traveling and will be out of the country so will be hard to contact. (Plus his wife and kids arrive here in 5 hours so I'll be having too much fun to worry about it. :nabble_anim_jump:)

But what he has said in the past is that he wants a stockish look. He wasn't sure what stock was, so I'm sure there is flexibility there.

In our text conversation last night he said he wants "tall & skinny". But compared to the 10 1/2" wide rims he has now, 7" rims would be skinny. And compared to what the tires looked like on those rims, 235's would look skinny.

I wish I could answer that, but he is traveling and will be out of the country so will be hard to contact. (Plus his wife and kids arrive here in 5 hours so I'll be having too much fun to worry about it. :nabble_anim_jump:)

But what he has said in the past is that he wants a stockish look. He wasn't sure what stock was, so I'm sure there is flexibility there.

In our text conversation last night he said he wants "tall & skinny". But compared to the 10 1/2" wide rims he has now, 7" rims would be skinny. And compared to what the tires looked like on those rims, 235's would look skinny.

So, steelies, or would he like something like the Alcoa's?

Can you scour up a set of 4 wheel covers for 15" rims?

You tagged him to this thread.

It's not like he's on Mars....

Alright, I'm calling in the bloodhound.

There will be no rock unturned if I know ANYTHING about someone I've known for 59+ years

(She's just as "special" as I am, but mechanics is not her jam)

Not Mars, but Nicaragua. Less than universal wifi and lots of work. He's the director for One World Health for that part of the world and they build health care facilities so the rank and file have access. They've built something like 10 facilities in the recent years and, while he's there, he meets with his staff. Plus, having lived there for years, he has friends he may visit. And, last I heard, you don't fly into Nicaragua you fly into Costa Rica and drive up to Managua. So he will be busy.

I'm sure he'd like the aluminum wheels like I have on Dad's truck. Or wagon wheels. Or steelies and I'll find covers. Just something somewhat period correct that gets away from the thimble/rubber band look the PO put on.

Thanks!