Bullnose Forums

Bad News...

20240319_190915.jpg.7e3fc1b2526ddf0a306a0940c3f1e2b1.jpg20240319_190927.jpg.3a3480fd822d3926b5b406d5d1db262f.jpg20240319_190938.jpg.a896b7a61e6beafbf650e506587fcabd.jpg

Unfortunately, about a week ago, I was in an accident. Needless to say, I am more than disappointed.

Long story short, a lady was stopped on the highway and actually reversed her car (in the lane) to get to a turn off. Several cars were able to swerve/avoid/stop before hitting her. I was not so lucky. Traveling 60mph with manual brakes did not give me much chance. Truck has been totaled.

Good news is that it did not bend the frame. I am going to retain possession of the truck with a "salvaged title." I can rebuild it. It's just frustrating. Will basically need a new front clip. Hopefully the radiator is repairable. Radiator might be the biggest challenge.

Man, that is a BUMMER! So sorry. I'd be very upset, which may be why it has taken you a week to post? :nabble_smiley_oh:

Oh wow! Sorry to hear it. Glad you're OK and it wasn't any worse. A project ahead for sure.

Oh wow! Sorry to hear it. Glad you're OK and it wasn't any worse. A project ahead for sure.

I strongly suggest you purchase a dash cam and install it in your vehicles. You can easily get the blame in an accident like that unless you can prove (via the dash cam) that the other driver was doing something boneheaded to cause the accident.

I strongly suggest you purchase a dash cam and install it in your vehicles. You can easily get the blame in an accident like that unless you can prove (via the dash cam) that the other driver was doing something boneheaded to cause the accident.

My Pormido front/rear camera system is also a dash cam. About $250.

Luckily there was a witness that got the person's license plate. The person that was reversing on the highway left when the crash happened. There was no damage to her car. Troopers were going to try to track her down.

Luckily there was a witness that got the person's license plate. The person that was reversing on the highway left when the crash happened. There was no damage to her car. Troopers were going to try to track her down.

Oh boy, what a story!

Happy for you that the frame wasn't bent. I suppose you'll need a hood, left fender, left beam bezel and flasher, side marker, bumper.

Hopefully the inner fender and the washer fluid reservoir will be ok, an so for the radiator support and the radiator itself.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

It'll buff. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, maybe not. But it is fixable with enough parts.

Here's my adventure with similar damage due to a run-in with bambi:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Deer-killed-my-Bullnose-Mangled-the-front-td103398.html#a103408

Wasn't totaled since I had liability-only insurance (and it was a deer, not another driver).

Best of luck on the rebuild. It looks like a nightmare now but you'll get it. And when you're done, you'll be very proud of your work!

It'll buff. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Ok, maybe not. But it is fixable with enough parts.

Here's my adventure with similar damage due to a run-in with bambi:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Deer-killed-my-Bullnose-Mangled-the-front-td103398.html#a103408

Wasn't totaled since I had liability-only insurance (and it was a deer, not another driver).

Best of luck on the rebuild. It looks like a nightmare now but you'll get it. And when you're done, you'll be very proud of your work!

Thanks for this link. It will help a lot with my rebuild. Right now, I'm just waiting to get the truck back from insurance. Then I'll do a tare down to see what needs replaced.

Thanks for this link. It will help a lot with my rebuild. Right now, I'm just waiting to get the truck back from insurance. Then I'll do a tare down to see what needs replaced.

If you dont mind who do you have for insurance?

If one of the classic car ones was it agreed value?

If you dont want to say that is OK too.

BTW yes I do have classic insurance and agreed value and I get to keep the truck if anything happens to it.

Dave ----