Bullnose Forums

Clutch mystery… what happened here??? 😳

I'm so glad this is worked out for you, Jonathan!

My autism may make me very pedantic and detail-oriented, but in this case I think it's important.

Place bolts are "The Right Stuff"

That motorcycle lift is going to be a godsend putting the transmission under your truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

I have a jack just like that. it was left at a property i bought in a junk pile. l can only assume it was too heavy or just not valued in any way. yet I have been using it for a couple years now. very handy! does great with transmissions. my transmission jack does better but only because of the tilt and angle features.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Friday I received both the AMK place bolts and the bolts from Russ’ Repair. The shoulder size was SAE just like you said they might be. I trimmed them 1/2” with an angle grinder cut off wheel and used the factory 10 hole spacer “just in case”. I did use medium strength thread lock also, because the holes in the crank flange go all the way through into the crank case and this is recommended to seal against oil finding its way into the clutch.

A huge thank you to Jim for sharing your knowledge about fasteners and providing the link to AMK. That is a very good company to buy from.

On another note, I was running errands in Bullhead City and stopped by the Salvation Army thrift store and found this… I know, it is for motorcycles but I bet it will also lift a ZF pretty nicely. (And it was $50!)

You definitely need thread sealant on those bolt holes that go through to the crankcase.

BTDT, BTTS.... :nabble_smiley_hurt: