Bullnose Forums

Parking brake switch wanted

ArdWrknTrk

That was the picture Jim sent of the dash and support along with other parts he salvaged from an F450.

Quite a lot of that truck is in far flung places (like Big Blue)

The Zf-5 S47 gearbox and parking brake are under a disc converted F-350 dually, and I had high hopes for the engine, that ran like a top, but I was in a situation back then and it didn't work out. :nabble_smiley_sad:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Zf-5 S47 gearbox and parking brake are under a disc converted F-350 dually, and I had high hopes for the engine, that ran like a top, but I was in a situation back then and it didn't work out. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Jim, Green Sales shows as having 1 EA of E7TZ15A851A if you wanted a backup. Not sure how much they want for it, but one is available.

McDonald Obsolete Parts also has one, along with some un-named seller in Vestal, New York.

https://www.rearcounter.com/E7TZ-15A851-A-parts197551.html

Jim, Vivek may have you covered but I might have one in the 89 IDI donor truck. I will have a peek this evening and see if it’s any good.

Jim, Green Sales shows as having 1 EA of E7TZ15A851A if you wanted a backup. Not sure how much they want for it, but one is available.

McDonald Obsolete Parts also has one, along with some un-named seller in Vestal, New York.

https://www.rearcounter.com/E7TZ-15A851-A-parts197551.html

Vestal is about 4 hours away, near Binghamton.

I think Vivek has me covered but thank you, and Jonathan, for doing the legwork. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Vestal is about 4 hours away, near Binghamton.

I think Vivek has me covered but thank you, and Jonathan, for doing the legwork. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes.. it will be going out tomorrow. The 'spade' is MDF/HDF though so hopefully it lasts a while.

Do keep the old one Jim to make a spade template. I think you can shape a piece of plastic (or anything non-conductive) and make yourself a 'spade' worst case the one I'm sending breaks in the future.

If only I had a 3D printer :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Yes.. it will be going out tomorrow. The 'spade' is MDF/HDF though so hopefully it lasts a while.

Do keep the old one Jim to make a spade template. I think you can shape a piece of plastic (or anything non-conductive) and make yourself a 'spade' worst case the one I'm sending breaks in the future.

If only I had a 3D printer :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Yes, I could probably carve one out of delrin or UHMWPE.

I have to get the swelling down in my leg before I can crawl around and remove the parking brake pedal assy.

Besides, it's raining for the next 3 days. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Yes, I could probably carve one out of delrin or UHMWPE.

I have to get the swelling down in my leg before I can crawl around and remove the parking brake pedal assy.

Besides, it's raining for the next 3 days. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

LOOK what I found under my floor mat!

IMG_20240409_071714_MP.jpg.76e594b7b029020b585dc88bbd50de15.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vivek kindly sent me his spare. ❤️

I will make a follow-up, to show how it goes, for those who have never had their parking pedal out.

LOOK what I found under my floor mat!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vivek kindly sent me his spare. ❤️

I will make a follow-up, to show how it goes, for those who have never had their parking pedal out.

Looks like the spade came out clean! Those retaining slots look worn and probably why it fell out. Definitely good to keep so as to make a spade spare.

Looks like the spade came out clean! Those retaining slots look worn and probably why it fell out. Definitely good to keep so as to make a spade spare.

💡I could send it to you, because you broke yours. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

💡I could send it to you, because you broke yours. 🙂

The spare spade that Jim graciously sent… I used it to print a bunch of copies from ABS.

If anyone ever needs a spare when it breaks it’s free. Just let me know.

65A9B702-14FF-4957-843A-B252B4A0C501.jpeg.7b78fa2307cec925c9f86ff8f3d2320a.jpeg