Bullnose Forums

Parking brake switch wanted

ArdWrknTrk

The little spade finally failed completely on my switch E7TZ 15A851-A.

AKA: E7TB 15852-AA

In the MPC I see also the same with an E9 prefix.

But all I seem to find online is F2UZ-15A851-A (Parking Brake Warning Switch)

I'm not sure if this is RB, but it seems the Aeronose dash is quite different. :nabble_anim_confused:. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does E7TZ 15A851-A look like ?

The one below possibly?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6505086&cc=1124569&pt=4600&jsn=604

That's the '92, Aeronose switch, and I don't know if I can make it work.

R&R the parking brake assembly is a right pita by yourself, in a driveway.

My leg is throbbing today.

I don't want to be kneeling next to the cab, and it's raining the rest of the week.

I need some sleep.

That's the '92, Aeronose switch, and I don't know if I can make it work.

R&R the parking brake assembly is a right pita by yourself, in a driveway.

My leg is throbbing today.

I don't want to be kneeling next to the cab, and it's raining the rest of the week.

I need some sleep.

OK get some rest!!

If your switch is like the bullnose one (non plastic) then there is not much to it. Can it can be fixed? You said something about a spade, but I don't understand what that involves.

If I recall correctly the one time I did have some trouble with it, I noticed it was just a spring loaded mechanism that was normally-closed. It shorted to ground via spring tension.

When the parking brake lever was all the way up, it would push the switch to "open" it.

My issue at that time was that the parking brake lever didn't come all the way up as the cables became loose. I played with the switch, tried to add more buffer between it and the parking brake lever. I think what finally worked was adjusting the cables and making the cable more taut.

OK get some rest!!

If your switch is like the bullnose one (non plastic) then there is not much to it. Can it can be fixed? You said something about a spade, but I don't understand what that involves.

If I recall correctly the one time I did have some trouble with it, I noticed it was just a spring loaded mechanism that was normally-closed. It shorted to ground via spring tension.

When the parking brake lever was all the way up, it would push the switch to "open" it.

My issue at that time was that the parking brake lever didn't come all the way up as the cables became loose. I played with the switch, tried to add more buffer between it and the parking brake lever. I think what finally worked was adjusting the cables and making the cable more taut.

Four decades of constant vibration has caused it to snap right off.

Also remember, we have the problem with the intermittent wiper module being mounted to the parking brake, and it takes a hit every time you release...

Four decades of constant vibration has caused it to snap right off.

Also remember, we have the problem with the intermittent wiper module being mounted to the parking brake, and it takes a hit every time you release...

Yikes.

If the bullnose variety is of interest (I have no idea what a 1987 needs), I am pretty sure I have a spare I took off a parts truck, I can mail that over. Free of course.

Yikes.

If the bullnose variety is of interest (I have no idea what a 1987 needs), I am pretty sure I have a spare I took off a parts truck, I can mail that over. Free of course.

I will have to take the pedal assembly out, in any case.

If I do that I can get a photo of it so we can compare.

Thanks for your kind and generous offer!

Jim, the Aeronose parking brake pedal assembly mounts to the left side dash and steering column support, which is a big aluminum casting.

Remember this one:

15086879520441469900444.jpg.f7aa174b049d9f313597086bbd074678.jpg

Parking brake pedal assembly mounts on the studs visible on the casting, left end of dash.

Jim, the Aeronose parking brake pedal assembly mounts to the left side dash and steering column support, which is a big aluminum casting.

Remember this one:

Parking brake pedal assembly mounts on the studs visible on the casting, left end of dash.

I do remember bringing the dash, steering column and heater box from "The Giving Truck" (F-450) to meet you at Walmart in Delaware.

So, you don't think the F2 parking brake switch is a fit for my truck...

I will have to keep looking, or take Vivek up on his offer.

Thanks! 👍

I do remember bringing the dash, steering column and heater box from "The Giving Truck" (F-450) to meet you at Walmart in Delaware.

So, you don't think the F2 parking brake switch is a fit for my truck...

I will have to keep looking, or take Vivek up on his offer.

Thanks! 👍

I did find this from our Numberdummy friend,

So, it is the same as '84>

Screenshot_2024-04-02-09-20-44-338.jpeg.b49c5268e72ebd9f0f6b05314ea10bb8.jpeg