Bullnose Forums

Tool To Remove Headlight & Wiper Knobs

Do you guys ever run into the situation where you had something in your hand, moved onto something else for a minute... but somehow lost that thing you had, and can't figure out where the hell it went ? My wife says its my ADHD but I sometimes wonder how stupid I can be to not remember what I had in my hand just a minute ago... I get so mad at myself. Sometimes I wish God gave me better short term memory and attention span

Dude, I spent nearly 20 minutes looking for my glasses this morning after I went to the bathroom earlier. I don't even know why I took them off! They were unfolded, sitting on my couch. Once I pass through a doorway, my brain resets it's volatile memory. It's so stupid. It's definitely the ADHD.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys ever run into the situation where you had something in your hand, moved onto something else for a minute... but somehow lost that thing you had, and can't figure out where the hell it went ? My wife says its my ADHD but I sometimes wonder how stupid I can be to not remember what I had in my hand just a minute ago... I get so mad at myself. Sometimes I wish God gave me better short term memory and attention span

Dude, I spent nearly 20 minutes looking for my glasses this morning after I went to the bathroom earlier. I don't even know why I took them off! They were unfolded, sitting on my couch. Once I pass through a doorway, my brain resets it's volatile memory. It's so stupid. It's definitely the ADHD.

My digital calipers NEVER leave the shop, but they've disappeared, somehow. Hard to believe as careful as I've been with them. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But I'm not sure forgetting what you went for when you go through a door has anything to do with ADHD. I'm pretty sure I don't have that, but frequently back through the door to remember why I went there. Doesn't always work, but usually.

As for the tool for the knobs, I used it the other day and it worked perfectly. The U is the right size to go up against the center of the knob and hit the spring. Pointy things tend to go between the spring and the center. And Allen wrenches don't always push the spring far enough to release it before hitting the bottom of the cutout on the knob.

I think my problem comes from the fact that the conscious mind is always occupied in thinking about my trucks and all of their collective needs and the sub-conscious mind is all that is available to run the daily show..... hence the ADHD-like flare ups... but I am supposed to take medication for ADHD, and when I did in the past, I only was more efficient at handling more projects. God it was a mess and I got into a lot of trouble. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: