Bullnose Forums

Tool To Remove Headlight & Wiper Knobs

Jim - I have used that question-mark pick with success to get the knobs off, but it hasn't been as easy as I'd like. The curve on mine is too big and hits the instrument bezel unless I angle the thing. And with the sharp point it frequently goes between the end of the spring and the ID of the knob.

So I made this thing so it is just deep enough to go in w/o hitting the bezel, and the right width so when you put it up against the OD of the knob it hits the spring.

That's why I said I bent it and ground it down.

I keep getting them (free set) and I don't know anyone who wants another, at this point! 🤣

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally have four of these free sets of picks from Horrid Fate. (Packout box, bench drawer, truck tool box and electronic/wiring kit)

The one in the truck has a blunt & bent tip on the question mark one.(Why that weird shape?)

I also keep a cheap T-20 on hand for dash screws.

That is literally what I use as well. Spare sets of it in the truck as well just in case I come across a parts truck

16026CE4-9F79-4D9C-99A9-F1B212AC5459.jpeg.11691a52de9c4bd715fd28bc80a96601.jpeg

Guess that qualifies me as a redneck...

You know. When my real 'redneck' branch of the family visited me once and saw all my old trucks.. some of them jacked up, they told me "man I didn't know you were such a redneck" :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You know. When my real 'redneck' branch of the family visited me once and saw all my old trucks.. some of them jacked up, they told me "man I didn't know you were such a redneck" :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

My little brother says "You're a ****ing RETARD!"

I wear it as a badge of honor (while I have a 172 IQ and he literally can't figure out a 3-way light switch)

My little brother says "You're a ****ing RETARD!"

I wear it as a badge of honor (while I have a 172 IQ and he literally can't figure out a 3-way light switch)

I was doing 3 phase motor controls when I was 17:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Done forgetted all that now.

Just wait until you get past 60. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

CRS is a real thing....

Do you guys ever run into the situation where you had something in your hand, moved onto something else for a minute... but somehow lost that thing you had, and can't figure out where the hell it went ? My wife says its my ADHD but I sometimes wonder how stupid I can be to not remember what I had in my hand just a minute ago... I get so mad at myself. Sometimes I wish God gave me better short term memory and attention span