Bullnose Forums

Tool To Remove Headlight & Wiper Knobs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard, though I've not met any, that down in the Okefenokee Swamp (I've been there many times), there are actually people living there. They are (supposedly) of mostly English descent, and spoke a dialect close to the English of the Elizabethan era, well into the last century. They are called swampers.

Southeastern Gloucester County in Virginia, there is an area know as "Guinea Neck". The speak a dialect that is mostly Elizabethan English. There is a lot of intermarriage there and definite evidence of inbreeding.

Where I am living now there are a few very common last names some of whom are descended from the first settlers who came to the Eastern Shore in the 17th century.

Southeastern Gloucester County in Virginia, there is an area know as "Guinea Neck". The speak a dialect that is mostly Elizabethan English. There is a lot of intermarriage there and definite evidence of inbreeding.

Where I am living now there are a few very common last names some of whom are descended from the first settlers who came to the Eastern Shore in the 17th century.

I know Brewster's.

They came over on the Mayflower...

Boy!

I suppose they grab him back aboard, since he had (at least one) descendants.

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

They were Puritans.

It's:

A) amazing there are any left.

B) no wonder why this country is so hung up about something every animal does.

Interesting

I thought Puritan's were teatotaler's. :nabble_anim_confused:

I've not found evidence that he was a puritan. Remember, there were several groups that came on the Mayflower. He was an indentured servant, so it possible that he had no choice in coming over. Another consideration is that this event took place well into the voyage, and it's possible that they had run out of water by that time and had nothing left but alcohol. But those are just my theories. Some accounts of the event state that he was not drunk, but fell overboard because they were in a storm. The official government records in my family's possession state that he was intoxicated.

• 1 month later...

Today I had the "pleasure" to again remove the headlight and wiper knobs. Heretofore I've used whatever tool might be to hand, but today I decided to make something that would do it easily.

I use a thin L shaped Allan key, it works pretty well.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n150421/IMG_9654.jpeg

Yep, ours had one of these in the ashtray when we got it, that's what I've used and it seems to work the best for me, especially compared to the other pointy hook tools that others are showing... I'm curious to know now if Gary's works even better.. I may have to fabricate one of those the next time the dash has to come out.