Bullnose Forums

Fuel gauge not working-again

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It got a little dusky here in CT around 3.

Don't worry, you're doing fine. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Thanks. I'll try to get around to it tomorrow. I have a fence to finish putting up, and another to start on, plus a trencher that needs a handle.

One thought on these senders, the longest you can get them is 11". The rear tank is deeper than that at all points as far as I can tell. If the bottom of the sender was say, 1" above the floater of the tank, all that would mean is that I would have a small reserve of fuel after the gauge reads empty- and I'm fine with that.

You can still get the pickup to sit in the well, right?

One thought on these senders, the longest you can get them is 11". The rear tank is deeper than that at all points as far as I can tell. If the bottom of the sender was say, 1" above the floater of the tank, all that would mean is that I would have a small reserve of fuel after the gauge reads empty- and I'm fine with that.

You can still get the pickup to sit in the well, right?

Yes.

Yes.

Is there no way to re-use the existing sending unit hole ? Wondering if all you need is to cut a piece of sheet metal in the shape of a circle use the locking-retainer thingy to hold it..

Is there no way to re-use the existing sending unit hole ? Wondering if all you need is to cut a piece of sheet metal in the shape of a circle use the locking-retainer thingy to hold it..

Just use the bung from the old one. 💡

Just use the bung from the old one. 💡

Well never mind.. I forgot for a moment the Reed fuel sender is a sender only... still needs the old "sucker" installed. Needs 2 holes in the tank. Better be a damn good sender !!