Bullnose Forums

Fuel gauge not working-again

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will check it out -later- when I get my BP back down, cause I feel like I'm ready to have a stroke.

NO! Please take it easy, Jim!

Sitting long hours in the rollback is causing edema in my legs & feet.

I literally had to get longer laces for Easter!

Sitting long hours in the rollback is causing edema in my legs & feet.

I literally had to get longer laces for Easter!

I'm having a hard time seeing "new laces" as being a fun Easter gift. Chocolate, yes. Other candy, maybe. But laces? :nabble_anim_confused:

Take care, Jim. In all seriousness, this sounds ... serious.

Which, again, means you need to drive it more. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I don't think the senders are truly linear.

Though these two newer tanks are the first time I've had to resort to Bullnose senders.

The "one year wonder" Bricknose mechanical pump senders are unobtainium now.

The original senders in my Bricknose were a little weird below a half tank, until it got down to 1/8 or so.

Wait a minute, your truck had a mechanical pump from the factory?

Yes.

Hot Fuel Handling was an option. Probably dependent on the DSO where the truck would be sold.

Correct, hot fuel handling package was primarily on trucks sold in the Southern parts of the country with 460 and AC mostly on ambulance conversions. The front fuel tank is very close to the left exhaust pipe where it crosses over. The idle is raised when sitting and loading to help the big Leece-Neville alternator power the ambulance body equipment. The result was boiling the fuel in the front tank, to the point it would overflow out the filler neck.

Correct, hot fuel handling package was primarily on trucks sold in the Southern parts of the country with 460 and AC mostly on ambulance conversions. The front fuel tank is very close to the left exhaust pipe where it crosses over. The idle is raised when sitting and loading to help the big Leece-Neville alternator power the ambulance body equipment. The result was boiling the fuel in the front tank, to the point it would overflow out the filler neck.

Oddly enough, my truck was originally sold in Colorado, and has hot fuel handling. Or did, anyway.