Bullnose Forums

Fuel gauge not working-again

I'm serious.

You have the impact (inertia) and oil pressure cut-off switches in your schematic.

I can't tell you how many morons would eliminate them. (I get to see the results of "die in a fire", it is something I never even want to think about)

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm serious.

You have the impact (inertia) and oil pressure cut-off switches in your schematic.

I can't tell you how many morons would eliminate them. (I get to see the results of "die in a fire", it is something I never even want to think about)

Thanks but that isn't my schematic by the way. I'm not that good to come up with that on my own. I can follow such a schematic but couldn't come up with one about 1/4 of that.

On my Bullnose, those safeties are still place.

By the way, I'm a moron because at the moment my Bronco doesn't have any safety whilst running an electric pump (besides a manual switch under the column which won't be very useful in an accident situation if the driver is disabled). Once I get the oil pressure all figured out, I will include that safety.

Thanks but that isn't my schematic by the way. I'm not that good to come up with that on my own. I can follow such a schematic but couldn't come up with one about 1/4 of that.

By the way, I'm a moron because at the moment my Bronco doesn't have any safety whilst running an electric pump (besides a manual switch under the column which won't be very useful in an accident situation if the driver is disabled). Once I get the oil pressure all figured out, I will include that safety.

I meant to say, the type of moron who eliminates them because "We don't need no stinkin safeties! It's just another point of failure"

Failsafe is a thing for a reason

And if you like napalm, be my guest.

Just don't let your idiocy burn a passenger or bystander to a crisp 💡

Chrysler used a two terminal NO switch in the oil pressure tap on the carbureted 2.2L engines to control the choke heater. It can easily be adapted to shut off the fuel pump. The 460s with the hot fuel handling package have a similar switch at the gauge sender tee.

Chrysler used a two terminal NO switch in the oil pressure tap on the carbureted 2.2L engines to control the choke heater. It can easily be adapted to shut off the fuel pump. The 460s with the hot fuel handling package have a similar switch at the gauge sender tee.

This 460 came from an 86 F250 which used the hot fuel handling system so I do have that switch with me. That is why I called myself a moron for the time being because I know I'm not doing the "right thing". I know how that system works very well but still chose not to do it :nabble_smiley_blush:

Currently that Tee is housing the cluster oil pressure gauge sending unit and a mechanical oil pressure gauge... But here soon one day when the bronco is ready for daily driving, I will remove the cluster gauge sending unit and use that port for oil pressure switch. The fuel pump relay will be triggered via this switch, so I can get rid of that on-off switch I have under the steering wheel right now. I will use a push-button trigger to prime the fuel pump and help get the truck started after which the oil pressure switch will take over.

This 460 came from an 86 F250 which used the hot fuel handling system so I do have that switch with me. That is why I called myself a moron for the time being because I know I'm not doing the "right thing". I know how that system works very well but still chose not to do it :nabble_smiley_blush:

Currently that Tee is housing the cluster oil pressure gauge sending unit and a mechanical oil pressure gauge... But here soon one day when the bronco is ready for daily driving, I will remove the cluster gauge sending unit and use that port for oil pressure switch. The fuel pump relay will be triggered via this switch, so I can get rid of that on-off switch I have under the steering wheel right now. I will use a push-button trigger to prime the fuel pump and help get the truck started after which the oil pressure switch will take over.

If you look at the diagram, the pump gets direct (prime) power while cranking through a bk/pk wire....

(I think it's black and pink, I'm not looking, from the reply window :nabble_smiley_teeth:)

If you look at the diagram, the pump gets direct (prime) power while cranking through a bk/pk wire....

(I think it's black and pink, I'm not looking, from the reply window :nabble_smiley_teeth:)

I am all for factory methodologies in about 95% of the stuff but I don't like that specific aspect much. Just earlier today I started Big Blue 2WD after it sat for a bit over a week. Took a lot of cranking to get it to fill the fuel bowl.

I am all for factory methodologies in about 95% of the stuff but I don't like that specific aspect much. Just earlier today I started Big Blue 2WD after it sat for a bit over a week. Took a lot of cranking to get it to fill the fuel bowl.

The answer is to drive your truck more often.💡

Jeff says he gets that from Big Brother, as it sits on the farm all week while he uses his plug-in to get to & from the office.