Bullnose Forums

Big Brother is going 3G

Just to be sure we all agree, here is a picture of 3G connectors (I stole it from Giraffe/John's thread).

I circled the connector in red. I understand that it has to be connected, as in this picture:

If so, may I humbly suggest a modification in the diagram.

If we focus on 3G wiring, the diagram could look like this:

And if we need to connect the Choke Heater, it should be spliced here:

Am I wrong?

You're not wrong, but in your case (351HO only) the choke heater is pulled in by a relay...

Have a look at your EVTM. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

You're not wrong, but in your case (351HO only) the choke heater is pulled in by a relay...

Have a look at your EVTM. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Jim, not sure Jeff Dummy is understanding...

Here is the EVTM I have (1984):

1984-EVTM.jpg.cda60f076dd7117e2ec654e21c23fa7f.jpg

On the 1G diagram, I do not see any relay for my Choke Heater. Maybe somewhere else in the diagrams?

1984-EVTM_page_16.jpg.981897d0094b2f3176605f931f2e9daa.jpg

Jim, not sure Jeff Dummy is understanding...

Here is the EVTM I have (1984):

On the 1G diagram, I do not see any relay for my Choke Heater. Maybe somewhere else in the diagrams?

You need to look at 'Carburetor Circuits' Jeff... 💡

Maybe '84 is different than '85?

I'm using the EVTM that I can get here onsite.

You need to look at 'Carburetor Circuits' Jeff... 💡

Maybe '84 is different than '85?

I'm using the EVTM that I can get here onsite.

Jim, here are the 2 pages "Carburetor Circuits" of my 1984 EVTM.

1984_FORD_BRONCO-F150-350-page_PAGE_45.jpg.8bd4d4c6faf23b01b56ee352c658ac1b.jpg

1984_FORD_BRONCO-F150-350-page_PAGE_46.jpg.06eaaf9f5ade89870c73ab2074bcea87.jpg

I don't see any Choke Heater relay.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Jim, here are the 2 pages "Carburetor Circuits" of my 1984 EVTM.

I don't see any Choke Heater relay.

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Interesting. :nabble_anim_confused:

So your EVTM doesn't have a dedicated page for the 315 HO like the '85 I posted?

I can't know it if I've never seen it.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Interesting. :nabble_anim_confused:

So your EVTM doesn't have a dedicated page for the 315 HO like the '85 I posted?

I can't know it if I've never seen it.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

So, the question is whether Big Bro has the relay or not. Hard to believe he wouldn't if it has the 4180C carb as I thought those had a 12V choke.

Jeff - Where does the W/Bk wire from the choke go? Does it go to a relay or to the alternator? If it goes to a relay then we need the W/Bk that comes from the relay and goes to the alternator. If it goes directly to the alternator then that's the one we need to tie into.

So, the question is whether Big Bro has the relay or not. Hard to believe he wouldn't if it has the 4180C carb as I thought those had a 12V choke.

Jeff - Where does the W/Bk wire from the choke go? Does it go to a relay or to the alternator? If it goes to a relay then we need the W/Bk that comes from the relay and goes to the alternator. If it goes directly to the alternator then that's the one we need to tie into.

My thoughts exactly Gary.

But does BB wear the stock 4180? (It's a great carb!)

Like I said, I have an encyclopedic memory for schematics, but I've never seen a 1984 EVTM..... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Big Bro has a 7V Choke Heater. When I replaced his carb, the new one came with a 12V and I swapped them.

I'm going right now to confirm where the wire goes. Stay tuned!

:nabble_smiley_super: