Bullnose Forums

Wanted: OE Tailgate

emunder

Been looking for a factory tailgate locally for my 86 with no luck. Will have the truck painted eventually so color doesn’t matter. Just looking for something in good shape. Red would be awesome lol. In the North Texas area.

Thx, ya I saw that one too. Appears to be pretty straight. Lariat tailgate?

Appears to be a 1980-1984 Tailgate with a Aluminum Trim panel. Haven't seen one before like that. Usually the FORD letters are painted directly on the tailgate without any trim like that.

If you want a matching one, need to find a 85-86 style

Appears to be a 1980-1984 Tailgate with a Aluminum Trim panel. Haven't seen one before like that. Usually the FORD letters are painted directly on the tailgate without any trim like that.

If you want a matching one, need to find a 85-86 style

It was for the Lariat trim level.

85 and 86 had a larger panel that looks like the 87-(not sure when that style ended in the next gen)

Would definitely need some more photos. 'No dents' when there is an easily seen dent. Not a big deal but I'd want to see more before making any drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/485646563803645/?mibextid=6ojiHh

All of this guys listings are overpriced though

I have one on an '81 F-100. It needs some TLC but is all there and there's no rot, just some very minor surface rust. The passenger side latch appears to be difficult. Unfortunately, I'm outside of Chicago but am willing to ship.

I had another person interested in it so I made a video for him:

I'm asking $250 and have UPS & FedEx very close by. Shipping won't be cheap though.