Bullnose Forums

New Fuel Tank/Sending Unit

emunder

Are y’all talking about the tank selector switch? If so mine is a single tank.

I definitely am.

But evidently that's all in response to Chris having mentioned his fuel tanks sending units plural directly underneath your original post.

I apologize for the tangent, and should have known to more closely read the subject and not just correct the responses.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely am.

But evidently that's all in response to Chris having mentioned his fuel tanks sending units plural directly underneath your original post.

I apologize for the tangent, and should have known to more closely read the subject and not just correct the responses.

I am sorry as well for assuming it was dual tanks... thats what started all this :) :)

But I am curious. Was your truck single tank from factory ? Meaning your dash doesn't have a selector switch at all. Don't think I've seen a bullnose with single tank but I know they exist as the EVTM has wiring diagrams for single/dual tanks. If its single tank only, the sending unit is wired straight to gauge.

I am sorry as well for assuming it was dual tanks... thats what started all this :) :)

But I am curious. Was your truck single tank from factory ? Meaning your dash doesn't have a selector switch at all. Don't think I've seen a bullnose with single tank but I know they exist as the EVTM has wiring diagrams for single/dual tanks. If its single tank only, the sending unit is wired straight to gauge.

All good man. Yep…8’ bed with single tank.

If equipped with single tank, I assume rear tank and what capacity ?

all three of the single tank trucks are "midship", front, or side mounted. three terms of the same position. the two long beds have 19 gallon while the short bed has a 14/15 gallon depending on the listing of the maker. I can choke 15 in if I run it out. this is the reason why I took out the c6 and installed an aod . however, it has not proven to help much around town. I need a good road trip to do a good test

all three of the single tank trucks are "midship", front, or side mounted. three terms of the same position. the two long beds have 19 gallon while the short bed has a 14/15 gallon depending on the listing of the maker. I can choke 15 in if I run it out. this is the reason why I took out the c6 and installed an aod . however, it has not proven to help much around town. I need a good road trip to do a good test

Wow those capacities were seriously low. Anything from 300 - 351 probably only got 150-200 mile range in the city.

That said, I'm sure it was very much acceptable for cars/trucks back then.

Wow those capacities were seriously low. Anything from 300 - 351 probably only got 150-200 mile range in the city.

That said, I'm sure it was very much acceptable for cars/trucks back then.

about correct on range. with the 300 I'm getting almost 14 but with 32/11.5/15s. that is with c6 and 3.08 gear. now it is 4.10 with overdrive and rpm is at least 400 less at 70 so I'm trying tuning, drive style to see how much better I can get. but I'm always driving different vehicles while my personal truck sits for weeks.