Bullnose Forums

6.9 idi CPR

Hello,

My name is Troy

I'm from deep east Texas

I have just recently drug a 1986 6.9IDI 3/4 ton 2wd from a field.

I plan on reviving it and building a flat dump bed for it.

I am planning on going through the IPit is very gummed up.

Does anyone know where I can download a free service manual?

Welcome, Troy! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of east Tejas? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and can add you with a city or zip.

Tell us about your handle? Have you been to Moab? I'm headed there in June with Big Blue.

As for a free service manual, I doubt you'll find a complete one for free as several companies are licensed by Ford to reproduce them. But we have many of the sections thereof scattered about this site, so most of what you need is buried herein. Just ask and we'll point you to where they are.

What part of east Tejas? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and can add you with a city or zip.

Tell us about your handle? Have you been to Moab? I'm headed there in June with Big Blue.

As for a free service manual, I doubt you'll find a complete one for free as several companies are licensed by Ford to reproduce them. But we have many of the sections thereof scattered about this site, so most of what you need is buried herein. Just ask and we'll point you to where they are.

Gary,

I'm not very computer savvy especially with the forums.

I can't even find my way back to the profile page to make changes.

I have got myself in a bind.

I disassembled my IP due to heavy thick build-up. Now I'm not to sure on what all needs timed.

That is why I am hunting a service manual.

I have been to Moab a lot I have a couple of ls3 built jeeps.

Gary,

I disassembled my IP due to heavy thick build-up. Now I'm not to sure on what all needs timed.

Then you need the IDI section of the service manual, which you will find at our page at Documentation/Engines/IDI Diesel. You'll find illustrations, specifications, the shop manual section, and even a tab on timing.

Gary,

Link:

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/idi-diesel.html

And, Welcome Troy! :nabble_waving_orig:

We're here to help. 👍

Hi Troy, if you took the injection pump apart this manual from Stanadyne might be of some help.

https://www.stanadyne.com/dealerportal/ssi/english/Product%20Manual/99009.pdf

Also search for Stanadyne DB pump rebuilds on youtube.

Paul

I finished the pump reinstalled it on Sunday.

I now have fuel to all of the injectors, still no fire, not even with a gas soaked rag.

Pulled and checked the gp's today all good.

Planning on a compression test next.

Thanks for the pump manual link.

Gary,

I've been trying to add to my profile, but I can't find the link anywhere.