Bullnose Forums

Fuel Selector switch

You want E3TZ9A050-AA (marked E3TB 9A050-AA)

It's the same as an '83-'86 460 gas engine

Here's the EVTM pages:

And here are the part numbers:

is that a Ford #? Or where do I search for that?

That particular switch for the dual tank w/return line for 460/diesel is pretty much unobtainable. You can google that part number and see what you find.

Its a 4 pin switch which is different from the F150 selector switch which has 5 pins. You can find the 5 pin switch all day from many sources.

Best bet is to find one off a parts truck somewhere.

Good news is even if they are not working (Test with multimeter) --- they are fully serviceable. Can open them up, clean them, regrease them and install.

Those are factory manuals, so yes that is a factory p/n and the ID# you would find ON the part.

Like Viven said, you can likely rebuild your existing one.

Or you can find any mid '80's 460 or IDI to scavenge one from.

Worst case, you have the wiring diagram and can hack a DPST rocker switch from just about anywhere (it doesn't pass much current) as long as it will fit in the space.

Those are factory manuals, so yes that is a factory p/n and the ID# you would find ON the part.

Worst case, you have the wiring diagram and can hack a DPST rocker switch from just about anywhere (it doesn't pass much current) as long as it will fit in the space.

This thread just reminded me that I never got those pics of my setup. I think it would help people out a lot to be able to simplify the factory wiring. Give me a few minutes and I'll put it up on my thread...

Thanks!

Ill pull it and rebuild it.

I hope that works out for you!

Otherwise, you're not limited to only 83-86 IDI, you can use a 460 switch (they are identical). 😉

I pulled it, pulled it apart. It was dirty but otherwise seemed ok. I cleaned the terminals and put it back to gather. So now I move on to the next possible problem which is either the gage or the selector valve.

I pulled it, pulled it apart. It was dirty but otherwise seemed ok. I cleaned the terminals and put it back to gather. So now I move on to the next possible problem which is either the gage or the selector valve.

What is the problem that made you want a switch?

The gauge is switched by the valve (diagram above)

If you can't switch tanks, it's the valve.

If the gauge doesn't read on one side it's the wiring after the valve