Bullnose Forums

Question about my truck's paint color

Hey Everyone, I'm hoping you can help me solve a mystery as I go about restoring my bullnose. My '85 F150 Lariat is equipped with Deluxe TuTone Paint. Right now the scheme is Midnight Blue Metallic and Silver (not sure the exact name). When I bought it, I was told the truck had been resprayed at some point in its original colors. But the Marti report and the door tag list Midnight Blue Metallic and Wimbledon White.

My guess is the Marti report and the door tag are right, and that the original accent color is Wimbledon White. I've only seen one other bullnose with my truck's blue and silver scheme as well.

But is it possible the accent color could have been silver? Perhaps a dealer special order or change?

I've put a page from the 1986 F-Series brochure from the library (Documentation/Library) below, and it agrees with my 1986 Color & Trim Selections book - there wasn't a Midnight Blue Metallic. The dark blue was Dark Shadow Blue Metallic, which was code 7B.

And there was also a Medium Silver Metallic (1G). But no Wimbledon White. Instead the white was Colonial White (9M).

If your truck has Deluxe Two-Tone paint & blue interior, which limits the colors, then the options that include 7B were:

• 1G7B, which is Silver on top & bottom and Blue in the middle

• 9M7B, which is White on top and bottom & Blue in the middle.

1986-ford-f-series-pickup-23.thumb.jpg.322b330e36e730a7adf1da804580f4e0.jpg

What #'s does your certification label have?

I've put a page from the 1986 F-Series brochure from the library (Documentation/Library) below, and it agrees with my 1986 Color & Trim Selections book - there wasn't a Midnight Blue Metallic. The dark blue was Dark Shadow Blue Metallic, which was code 7B.

And there was also a Medium Silver Metallic (1G). But no Wimbledon White. Instead the white was Colonial White (9M).

If your truck has Deluxe Two-Tone paint & blue interior, which limits the colors, then the options that include 7B were:

• 1G7B, which is Silver on top & bottom and Blue in the middle

• 9M7B, which is White on top and bottom & Blue in the middle.

What #'s does your certification label have?

Disregard the above. Yours in an '85. Back soon... :nabble_anim_working:

Disregard the above. Yours in an '85. Back soon... :nabble_anim_working:

In '85 there was a Midnight Blue Metallic (3L), a Wimbledon White (9A), & a Silver Metallic (1E). I've included a page from the 1985 Truck Facts Book that shows the color combinations and what tape stripes they'd have and the interior colors they'd come with.

Maybe you should show us some pictures to help us understand where each color is and what tape stripes you have - if any. And what about a pic of the certification label? And the interior color?

1985_F-Series_Colors.thumb.jpg.d61624f065d0cc4424470a7e2deffd4e.jpg

In '85 there was a Midnight Blue Metallic (3L), a Wimbledon White (9A), & a Silver Metallic (1E). I've included a page from the 1985 Truck Facts Book that shows the color combinations and what tape stripes they'd have and the interior colors they'd come with.

Maybe you should show us some pictures to help us understand where each color is and what tape stripes you have - if any. And what about a pic of the certification label? And the interior color?

bullnose_in_winter.jpg.837967c38d9e2a431ab57ccecaee8745.jpg

One more image.

The order is supposed to be that the first color is the top and bottom of a two-color scheme and the second color the middle. So you should be looking for "3L9A" in the info above, and I don't see that as an option.

So is the order on your certification label 3L and then 9A?

The only 3L first has 1E/Wimbledon White as second.

The order is supposed to be that the first color is the top and bottom of a two-color scheme and the second color the middle. So you should be looking for "3L9A" in the info above, and I don't see that as an option.

So is the order on your certification label 3L and then 9A?

The only 3L first has 1E/Wimbledon White as second.

Yes, 3L is on the order.

truck_door_tag.jpg.90e780c014010f337956fdddaab0c4d7.jpg