Bullnose Forums

I have been absent for a while. I took some time off to recoup. The oil gauge line stopped that leak at the back of the motor, but I still have leaks, small, at the beck of BOTH valve covers, so I will be taking those off, and putting on new gaskets, while cleaning up the covers. I hope they are not warped.

The reason for my absence recently was my mother in law passed (memory eternal) over thanksgiving. Betweem that, the funeral, and settling her estate in Chicago, we have been quite busy and on the road a lot.

And now for something that will surely make Gary happy :nabble_smiley_happy:: In the midst of all this, we started looking for unrestricted property for our last home, and to build my shop. We found that and closed on it a week or so ago.

Gary will be happy to learn, that property is located in Florida! I promise not to do shoddy work, however.

So we have been lining up surveys, and floor plans, and making inquiries into contractors, as well as my drawing plans for the shop.

I am not sure what I have conveyed and what I have not. I bought at the end of fall, a spare 351m. It has been sitting in our small garage since. I have not busted it opwn. But it does spin rather easily—so it is not siezed. Price was fabulous—$200.

I have a few other matters to get to on the truck, and I will post that in my thread.

At any rate, I hope all is well. Cheers! Happy New Year.

Welcome back! (I'd say "Kotter" but the youngsters on here don't know about Gabe.)

Sorry for your loss. Been there so I know how much pain and sorry that is.

As for the idea of building in Florida, while I don't think you are :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: I'm afraid you'll run into a whole lot of them while building. Good luck! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

On the 351M, I saw recently where Tim Meyer now has nice pistons for them. So you can get decent compression out of them. However, I'd still consider slipping a 400 crank in your block. The only difference is the pistons, and that 1/2" of extra stroke helps a bunch with torque.

Welcome back! (I'd say "Kotter" but the youngsters on here don't know about Gabe.)

As for the idea of building in Florida, while I don't think you are :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: I'm afraid you'll run into a whole lot of them while building. Good luck! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

On the 351M, I saw recently where Tim Meyer now has nice pistons for them. So you can get decent compression out of them. However, I'd still consider slipping a 400 crank in your block. The only difference is the pistons, and that 1/2" of extra stroke helps a bunch with torque.

Thanks Gary. Very kind of you. I hope all is well. I am excited for the changes to the site.

Sorry about you mother in law Erik, I offer you my sincere condolences.

Happy you’re coming back!

I think there are couple of members living in or near FL.

There’s a lot of Quebecers too, our famous SnowBirds. If I was one of them, I would certainly go South with Big Bro to continue work on it during winter time.

But I’m more a Polar Bear than a pelican, heat is a real pain for

me.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Good luck with your project!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Condolences to you and your wife! 😞

Happy to hear about your future together!

I recall that Shaun (Salans7) lives in the central part of the state, near Orlando.

I know that he used to work at The Villages running the hospital stock rooms.

Certainly have a look at the map and update your location, if you're included.

Congratulations on your forever home. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Ah come on now Gary, :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: isn't THAT bad.

Ah come on now Gary, :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: isn't THAT bad.

Our son lives there and I've done quite a bit of work on his house. Whomever wired it originally had no clue. Then there's all the destruction that was done to Big Blue when he lived there. Good luck!