Bullnose Forums

YouTube teardown: Bad 351W out of an Aeronose

'97 for 250-350's (no '98's, then the Superduty for '99)

The 150's got the body refresh in '96.

Not a fan of that tailgate.

I do watch this guy's teardowns sometimes, but his level of snark generally has me cutting it short.

'97 for 250-350's (no '98's, then the Superduty for '99)

The 150's got the body refresh in '96.

Not a fan of that tailgate.

I do watch this guy's teardowns sometimes, but his level of snark generally has me cutting it short.

I think he said it came from a 1996 per the yard that sold him the core. Agreed, the post 1996 F150 is one of the worst excuses of a truck to bear the F-series designation. "Consumerized"...

He's more of a Miata and BMW expert (and Bowties, to a lesser degree). And there is a lot of snark, that's part of his persona... not everybody's sense of humor.

If it means anything, the only other "old" Ford truck engine he's done was a locked up 300 from a Bricknose that was "at the bottom of a core hopper"... and both apparently were hard to find in a "bad" form :nabble_smiley_happy:.

I think he said it came from a 1996 per the yard that sold him the core. Agreed, the post 1996 F150 is one of the worst excuses of a truck to bear the F-series designation. "Consumerized"...

He's more of a Miata and BMW expert (and Bowties, to a lesser degree). And there is a lot of snark, that's part of his persona... not everybody's sense of humor.

If it means anything, the only other "old" Ford truck engine he's done was a locked up 300 from a Bricknose that was "at the bottom of a core hopper"... and both apparently were hard to find in a "bad" form :nabble_smiley_happy:.

He said Aeronose or OBS.

If it came from a 150, then it wasn't it was the newer body style....

They had 302s 351s 300s and 460s up into 97

He said Aeronose or OBS.

If it came from a 150, then it wasn't it was the newer body style....

They had 302s 351s 300s and 460s up into 97

Ah. I could have sworn I heard "came from a 1996" but then again, I was rewiring the instrument cluster for my Boat and wasn't paying attention all that much.

Thread title edited.

Ah. I could have sworn I heard "came from a 1996" but then again, I was rewiring the instrument cluster for my Boat and wasn't paying attention all that much.

Thread title edited.

I'm not saying you're wrong....

It isn't his specialty, I don't think he knows.

I really enjoy his videos and especially the snark! He is humble and admits he is only a guy that knows how to remove nuts and bolts. (Or something to that extent) :nabble_smiley_happy:

I thought his specialty was Toyota

Thread title edited.

Desirable F4TE roller 351W block. Shame it's got all that rust in the cylinders.

I really enjoy his videos and especially the snark! He is humble and admits he is only a guy that knows how to remove nuts and bolts. (Or something to that extent) :nabble_smiley_happy:

I thought his specialty was Toyota

fairly good video. as to the snark, I don't think he has a clue about how he comes across. he knows enough to do tear downs, but I would not buy anything that he built. I know he is a part seller not a mechanic. he is doing demo videos so I wish he would take it more seriously as many may think he is an expert.