Bullnose Forums

429 Cobra Jet intake manifold

Shouldn't this be in the marketplace? :nabble_anim_confused:

I mean, NONE of these trucks ever came with a 429, let alone a CJ or SCJ.

I have seen D0OR headed 460's stuffed in a pickup before, and had a buddy with a Ranchero, dual quad tunnel ram 429 (tubbed under the tonneau)

I'm not trying to criticize, it's just an observation...

I have seen D0OR headed 460's stuffed in a pickup before, and had a buddy with a Ranchero, dual quad tunnel ram 429 (tubbed under the tonneau)

That is a 1970 429 CJ intake, it takes a Rochester Quadrajet carburetor with a divorced (manifold mounted) choke.

Good friend (member of the Beach Ford Mustang club) had one, 1970 Torino Cobra, 429 CJ with a shaker hood scoop and Top Loader 4 speed. I haven't heard from him in years, He was USAF, stationed at Langley AFB and I believe he left when his enlistment was up and returned to Washington State.

That is a 1970 429 CJ intake, it takes a Rochester Quadrajet carburetor with a divorced (manifold mounted) choke.

Good friend (member of the Beach Ford Mustang club) had one, 1970 Torino Cobra, 429 CJ with a shaker hood scoop and Top Loader 4 speed. I haven't heard from him in years, He was USAF, stationed at Langley AFB and I believe he left when his enlistment was up and returned to Washington State.

Spread bore carbs aren't that popular anymore....

Whoops! Thought it was in market place. Must've been in a hurry. And no, of course none of these truck ever did come with this manifold. But maybe someone doing a performance build might want it. I'm really just trying to get rid of it at this point. I've had it sitting around for a while and no one seems to show any interest in it.

Whoops! Thought it was in market place. Must've been in a hurry. And no, of course none of these truck ever did come with this manifold. But maybe someone doing a performance build might want it. I'm really just trying to get rid of it at this point. I've had it sitting around for a while and no one seems to show any interest in it.

It's cool!

If you want me to move it, just let me know....

I'm sad to see it go. It's such a beautiful piece. But I'm trying to get a tractor so I need the money. Don't have a Ford 8N laying around do you Jim? :nabble_smiley_happy:

Unfortunately, not! :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Connecticut doesn't seem to grow much of anything except for apples and excellent tobacco wrappers.

Unfortunately, not! :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Connecticut doesn't seem to grow much of anything except for apples and excellent tobacco wrappers.

I can find them all day around here but they're out of my price range. I was quoted 1500 on one yesterday, but I haven't seen it yet.