Bullnose Forums

New to me 1983 F150

Well done on that letter! :nabble_anim_claps:

And I know what you mean on the tires/wheels and steering. My SiL has an 83 with wide wheels and tires on it. The guy he bought it from thought they were cool, but they not only look wrong they seriously degrade the steering.

sorry to be so wordy

Well done on that letter! :nabble_anim_claps:

And I know what you mean on the tires/wheels and steering. My SiL has an 83 with wide wheels and tires on it. The guy he bought it from thought they were cool, but they not only look wrong they seriously degrade the steering.

When the tires hit the frame as you make a basic turn at a side street, it's gone beyond ridiculous. I couldn't get rid of those wheels fast enough. I was shopping around for wheels like I have on my 91 but when the seller I bought the truck from said they had the original wheels and hubcaps yet, that sorted it.

Screenshot_20240311_223751_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c3319cb55dd6ddc940a965fa38c4ff58.jpg

I really like the stock look on the truck, it's not flashy but I don't need anything flashy.

Screenshot_20240311_224155_Gallery.jpg.07248558981be4535b9e3064ba54ea1b.jpg

When the tires hit the frame as you make a basic turn at a side street, it's gone beyond ridiculous. I couldn't get rid of those wheels fast enough. I was shopping around for wheels like I have on my 91 but when the seller I bought the truck from said they had the original wheels and hubcaps yet, that sorted it.

I really like the stock look on the truck, it's not flashy but I don't need anything flashy.

the wheels on the brick nose are the ones that are my go-to. they are on my flareside and my bronco ll and I put them on each truck that got a frame off. I'm just partial to them, I guess. one major point though. when I am going to sell a truck. I know that the most common thing these days for a new owner to do to customize is to get wheels and tires. I cannot change that. it looks "right" or at least "as to be expected" when I'm done.

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

Very well done with that tailgate letter! :nabble_smiley_good:

Though they look good on your truck, mine came with those argent 'turbine' wheel covers.

Unfortunately they love to load with ice and mud throwing my wheel balance off so much that I would pull over to check if the nuts were tight.

(Turns out it was the nut behind the wheel! :nabble_anim_crazy:)

Welcome! :nabble_waving_orig:

Very well done with that tailgate letter! :nabble_smiley_good:

Though they look good on your truck, mine came with those argent 'turbine' wheel covers.

Unfortunately they love to load with ice and mud throwing my wheel balance off so much that I would pull over to check if the nuts were tight.

(Turns out it was the nut behind the wheel! :nabble_anim_crazy:)

but... was that nut torqued to spec :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I guess I'll make a quick post tonight. I finished going through the vacuum lines under the hood of my 83.

Yikes!

20240312_181725.jpg.179d7476198a9519509655a9c78391d4.jpg

The lines didn't look bad but I noticed a few were pretty easy to pull off so I figured it was time. I put on all high temp silicone. I even printed labels that say both ends of each line to make it easier to work on later. (I did this on my 91 also). The best thing I found was a dried out cracked and rotted vacuum cap buried in the back of the manifold. That was an exciting find. I feel like this truck has always been rich so I've been slowly chipping away at things to try and correct it.

20240312_181746.jpg.eeac00ed45c3e9340552dfce8fc2bc18.jpg

Another thing I did was get yellow high temp silicone vacuum caps that way they'll be easier to keep track of and they'll match the labels.

I still have a slight vacuum leak under the dash. I have a few other things to get before I take that all apart. A voltmeter is one of those items if prep for a future project. I've gone 3G on my 91 and am very happy with it so I plan to do the same on the 83 at some point.

I guess I'll make a quick post tonight. I finished going through the vacuum lines under the hood of my 83.

Yikes!

The lines didn't look bad but I noticed a few were pretty easy to pull off so I figured it was time. I put on all high temp silicone. I even printed labels that say both ends of each line to make it easier to work on later. (I did this on my 91 also). The best thing I found was a dried out cracked and rotted vacuum cap buried in the back of the manifold. That was an exciting find. I feel like this truck has always been rich so I've been slowly chipping away at things to try and correct it.

Another thing I did was get yellow high temp silicone vacuum caps that way they'll be easier to keep track of and they'll match the labels.

I still have a slight vacuum leak under the dash. I have a few other things to get before I take that all apart. A voltmeter is one of those items if prep for a future project. I've gone 3G on my 91 and am very happy with it so I plan to do the same on the 83 at some point.

how do you know that you have a vacuum leak under the dash?

Yikes!

Good move on the vacuum lines. And labeling them is an excellent idea. What labels do you use? I have a Brother label printer and bought some shrink tubing label material. Used it a bunch on my EFI work.