Bullnose Forums

19 gallons side tank Sending Unit

Hi there!

I plan to drop the fuel tank this spring (or summer. or later this year. as usual.)

Big Bro's sending unit is fluctuating a lot. Did all the tests, and everything looks good, so the sending unit is my next stop.

I am wondering why JBG offers two models, for the 19gal side tank. Just the stainless steel difference?

:nabble_anim_confused:

Any advice?

Or maybe other suggestion for very good quality sending unit? Hey, I prefer to pay more and avoid dropping the tank once a year.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Capture_dcran_2024-03-09__16.png.e460b5decaad11614937811356c31db3.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. 30379 is rear tank, 30387 is side/midship tank.

not only does it say it's for the rear, but it is also a d9 coded part number, was that part carried over to the bullnose or is there a typo? I'm dealing with this issue also. the sender that I put in 16 years ago is acting up so I may be replacing it soon.

not only does it say it's for the rear, but it is also a d9 coded part number, was that part carried over to the bullnose or is there a typo? I'm dealing with this issue also. the sender that I put in 16 years ago is acting up so I may be replacing it soon.

Thanks Gentlemen!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I didn’t know that the rear tank is also 19gal, so I didn’t pay attention to the description.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

Thanks Gentlemen!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

I didn’t know that the rear tank is also 19gal, so I didn’t pay attention to the description.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

I have seen them listed as 19 and 17. I cannot say that I have ever seen a 19 as I have never been able to put more than 17 in any that I have touched.

I have seen them listed as 19 and 17. I cannot say that I have ever seen a 19 as I have never been able to put more than 17 in any that I have touched.

My truck is a 1983, F100, 4.9-AOD long bed...how do you know if it's a 19gal, or 16gal tank?

I'm thinking short bed=16...long bed=19.

Thanks, Bill

My truck is a 1983, F100, 4.9-AOD long bed...how do you know if it's a 19gal, or 16gal tank?

I'm thinking short bed=16...long bed=19.

Thanks, Bill

I had the same question, and there's certainly more visual or technical way to determine the tank capacity.

I simply ran the truck almost empty than filled it up.

I had the same question, and there's certainly more visual or technical way to determine the tank capacity.

I simply ran the truck almost empty than filled it up.

typically, they are 19 long and 14/15 gallon on short beds. I cannot say that they never put short tanks in long beds but why would they.