Bullnose Forums

Trans tunnel covers

Chasing the crew cab cover helps too. No yards nearby so this will be a part number search or a WTB hunt.

That red shifter plate will be flipped 180* towards the front, and should bring the bottom cut of the boot hole along the edge of the cover, with just enough meat left. I’d still like to one-and-done the cut for a complete tunnel cover with future access or inspection as needed since the interior and exterior will be finished with new paint.

I have one that I am working on where I did a v6 to v8 swap. also, three on the column to 4 on the floor. I used a tunnel cover from the same 87 that I got the 4 speed from. I can measure a couple things from this if it helps you. I cut the floor opening as closely to the donor as I could and on this one the shifter is very forward. it should be accessible to measure from the block back to see how far the seam is.

I have one that I am working on where I did a v6 to v8 swap. also, three on the column to 4 on the floor. I used a tunnel cover from the same 87 that I got the 4 speed from. I can measure a couple things from this if it helps you. I cut the floor opening as closely to the donor as I could and on this one the shifter is very forward. it should be accessible to measure from the block back to see how far the seam is.

Thanks. I’ll reach out to you if I’m stuck. The shifter for this is going to end up near centre at the tail of the cover, so likely a unique cut.

Thanks. I’ll reach out to you if I’m stuck. The shifter for this is going to end up near centre at the tail of the cover, so likely a unique cut.

The Zf and E4OD covers slope straight back, instead of having a crease in them like Bill shows.

Every cab floor I've seen has the same cutout.

Like Shaun said, later 4x4 trucks have the transfer case lever on the side of the tunnel.