Bullnose Forums

1986 Ford F250 302 EFI Delete

Phillip G.

Whatever this guy has the cylinder coil & distributor hacked into has burned up the coil & ignition points.

If you have points you need a condenser, or they will eroded in no time

Yes, it's a points & condenser distributor. Just like before electronic ignition came put.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on the pic!

The only time I use "float" is when I put two pics side by side. But that is tricky as you can't make the two pics larger than 95% of the screen size or things after the pics wind up between them.

Best not to "float".

Good job on the pic!

The only time I use "float" is when I put two pics side by side. But that is tricky as you can't make the two pics larger than 95% of the screen size or things after the pics wind up between them.

Best not to "float".

That harness has been hacked, spliced, and no telling where he's getting power & grounds from. I had to install a JPEG converter for the picture.

That harness has been hacked, spliced, and no telling where he's getting power & grounds from. I had to install a JPEG converter for the picture.

to make matters worse, you may also be finding crumbling wire insulation. don't over work the wires.

to make matters worse, you may also be finding crumbling wire insulation. don't over work the wires.

Oh, I've found that too. Lol. Which is why an older harness setup is looking good.

That harness has been hacked, spliced, and no telling where he's getting power & grounds from.

That's methed up!

This is exactly the reason why I was happy to use Painless wiring harness on "Big Red the Farm Truck". The farm trucks get jacked up always. Wiring on farm trucks.. almost a meme.

This is exactly the reason why I was happy to use Painless wiring harness on "Big Red the Farm Truck". The farm trucks get jacked up always. Wiring on farm trucks.. almost a meme.

I'm going to look into that myself. Take it back many years. Does that Painless harness have a coil resistance wire in it?