Bullnose Forums

Brutus may have a playmate

Hi everybody. How is everybody doing? Its been a while since i checked in. So much going on these days. Brutus needs to go to the hospital, the c6 is slipping pretty bad and going to have it rebuilt. I found this truck on facebook marketplace. we are going to look at it hopefully today. Both Nick and I always wanted a truck like this. My question is this. It is a disel truck with an automatic. I have the 300I6 from my parts truck that I would want to put in there. Will it bolt up to the transmission?

ford_duelly.jpg.4fc78daf2a9b8cad8f7057e11ece12db.jpg

Hi George!

No, it will not bolt up.

300/4.9 shares a bell pattern with the Windsor engines.

The 460 and Diesel patterns are close (one bolt off) but still not close enough to each other.

Down to the flywheel & starter mostly.,

Hi George!

No, it will not bolt up.

300/4.9 shares a bell pattern with the Windsor engines.

The 460 and Diesel patterns are close (one bolt off) but still not close enough to each other.

Down to the flywheel & starter mostly.,

As Jim said, welcome and no. But let us know how things go. We'd like to follow along on another adventure. :nabble_smiley_good:

As Jim said, welcome and no. But let us know how things go. We'd like to follow along on another adventure. :nabble_smiley_good:

I was pretty sure it would not. Going to look at it later this evening. I'll let ya'll know