Bullnose Forums

1984 F-250 HD Rebuild Project

Jermd21

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She needs to become a member, here. :nabble_smiley_happy:

So, what is she looking for in a vehicle?

I'll let her know she has an invite :nabble_smiley_wink:

Something that can seat 3 in the back, and is cool as a Bronco. Unfortunately the new Bronco cannot seat 3 in the back comfortably, that is a big let down for us. A new F250 with the "Godzilla" would be sweet, but I don't see her daily driving that.... We just haven't found anything perfect yet.

I'll let her know she has an invite :nabble_smiley_wink:

Something that can seat 3 in the back, and is cool as a Bronco. Unfortunately the new Bronco cannot seat 3 in the back comfortably, that is a big let down for us. A new F250 with the "Godzilla" would be sweet, but I don't see her daily driving that.... We just haven't found anything perfect yet.

"Built, not bought".... :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

• 1 month later...

It's been a little while since I provided an update to this project, so here goes. I took the bed off last weekend and have dropped the rear gas tank. Planning to remove the front one next but I ran out of time. Looks like a Dana 70 under the rear if that big '70' on top of the axle means anything.

IMG_4200.jpg.ec17ad9744862498a7212a75a7c0b744.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg.76a616b548e7bbceae37086c5752ca59.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg.c10c6eca0d967ef1861ef0c130712f9a.jpg

View_recent_photos.thumb.jpeg.6ec156966a88524db5d4fcc12916bfe4.jpeg

Once I'm done with the fuel system I plan to clean up the frame, primer and paint it. I'm debating removing the leaf springs & axles so I can clean them up really good and rebuild them or just do the best I can with them still on the truck. More to come...

It's been a little while since I provided an update to this project, so here goes. I took the bed off last weekend and have dropped the rear gas tank. Planning to remove the front one next but I ran out of time. Looks like a Dana 70 under the rear if that big '70' on top of the axle means anything.

Once I'm done with the fuel system I plan to clean up the frame, primer and paint it. I'm debating removing the leaf springs & axles so I can clean them up really good and rebuild them or just do the best I can with them still on the truck. More to come...

Progress! And having the bed off is by far the easiest way to make progress behind the cab. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Progress! And having the bed off is by far the easiest way to make progress behind the cab. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's been a while since I have updated this project so here goes. In the past month or so I took my truck to a mechanic friend for some help. The main goal was to get the axles & brakes rebuilt. I think it definitely needed it. The drivers rear drum brake was pretty nasty.

IMG_4263.jpg.56d77f6e7195e6a5989d43e7775ac92e.jpg

The differential looked good so we didn't mess with that, but did replace all of the bearings and seals in the rear axle

IMG_4269.jpg.940cdc7b825b9b58411186fa8b2d6917.jpg

Then it was on to the front axle where we tore it almost completely apart.

IMG_4275.jpg.1317cf02a00f64fa4f3ad41feef3aa82.jpg

We also changed out the brake booster and master cylinder as well as replaced the front disc brakes so my brakes should be good to go...or stop I should say.

I have started to clean up the rear of the frame and get the new gas tanks reinstalled. The back one is in and I need to get the front one put in when time permits.

IMG_4320.jpg.8c113260140e4824398394341c42c9e6.jpg

I pulled out the front seats and am getting quotes to get them reupholstered. My Lord this step is more expensive than I expected. The two quotes I have are between $1,500 and $2,000. Does that seem reasonable?

IMG_4321.jpg.971ad91156c59f5927eb7acf8136ab9a.jpg

I ordered interior paint (SEM 3042-Dark Harbor Blue) as well as SEM plastic prep and some Prevel sprayers from Vinyl Pro based on some previous threads I read about them on this forum. Robin was out but Scott was very patient and helpful. I will get some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter locally or from Amazon to round out that part of the project.

I picked up my freshly rebuild driveshafts, T-Case & Transmission so those will sit patiently until my engine gets back from the machine shop. Once I decide how much money I am willing to part with to get paint & body done I will get that going while I wait for the engine.

I made the decision to spend a little extra and go with the Holley Sniper 2 system. I am only recently becoming familiar with this setup but nearly everyone I talk to about rebuilding this truck has asked me if I am going to go that route. It's going to add some cost that I wasn't planning on but I think it's the right thing to do.

That is the current status of the project. Still hoping to have this done sometime in September. I'm definitely ready to turn the key for the first time. Stay tuned.

It's been a while since I have updated this project so here goes. In the past month or so I took my truck to a mechanic friend for some help. The main goal was to get the axles & brakes rebuilt. I think it definitely needed it. The drivers rear drum brake was pretty nasty.

The differential looked good so we didn't mess with that, but did replace all of the bearings and seals in the rear axle

Then it was on to the front axle where we tore it almost completely apart.

We also changed out the brake booster and master cylinder as well as replaced the front disc brakes so my brakes should be good to go...or stop I should say.

I have started to clean up the rear of the frame and get the new gas tanks reinstalled. The back one is in and I need to get the front one put in when time permits.

I pulled out the front seats and am getting quotes to get them reupholstered. My Lord this step is more expensive than I expected. The two quotes I have are between $1,500 and $2,000. Does that seem reasonable?

I ordered interior paint (SEM 3042-Dark Harbor Blue) as well as SEM plastic prep and some Prevel sprayers from Vinyl Pro based on some previous threads I read about them on this forum. Robin was out but Scott was very patient and helpful. I will get some Bulldog Adhesion Promoter locally or from Amazon to round out that part of the project.

I picked up my freshly rebuild driveshafts, T-Case & Transmission so those will sit patiently until my engine gets back from the machine shop. Once I decide how much money I am willing to part with to get paint & body done I will get that going while I wait for the engine.

I made the decision to spend a little extra and go with the Holley Sniper 2 system. I am only recently becoming familiar with this setup but nearly everyone I talk to about rebuilding this truck has asked me if I am going to go that route. It's going to add some cost that I wasn't planning on but I think it's the right thing to do.

That is the current status of the project. Still hoping to have this done sometime in September. I'm definitely ready to turn the key for the first time. Stay tuned.

OMG

Looking at that diff gives me nightmares!

IMG_20240131_135749_MP.jpg.d3d032325304e5195f5cfe57bb6d658f.jpg

😂😂😂

OMG

Looking at that diff gives me nightmares!

😂😂😂

Ouch. I'm not sure it's supposed to look like that. I didn't know they sold pinion jigsaw puzzles. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Hopefully that's an old picture and your truck is all back together again.