Bullnose Forums

1984 F-250 HD Rebuild Project

Jermd21

I mentioned the history of this truck in my new member post, but I wanted to start this thread to keep track of my progress. Here are a some pictures of it back in its prime.

IMG_4073.jpg.8d543e6f546240937e47c3e3925ee938.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg.dc230a5633733c033fc3ae2abb97b051.jpg

Here are a few pictures of it in its current state

IMG_2874.jpg.21c31254fe64f446b2b67e4a793257d8.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg.df5628d912ca16fa1b19dfd34efed25b.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg.5c53387cd68f9e37820549b502dcb177.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg.4e268db00d863985a0b87187b3da3a44.jpg

So far I've managed to pull the transfer case (BW 1345), transmission (BW T-19) and the motor (460). I will be sending all of these off for rebuilds in the next week or two.

IMG_3947.jpg.47a7ad968b8a3b6b648e20881b22c543.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg.846a39b16e9e920f1df20e90a52a145d.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg.da4097c6c4fcb966e11f4bba97acf7da.jpg

Next step will probably be taking the bed off to have better access to the fuel tanks so I can take them out. I don't know if I'll replace the fuel lines or not but it's probable. Once I get it cleaned up I'll send the 2 front seats to be redone, pull the interior panels off so I can clean & paint them and then send it off for paint & body work while I wait for the drivetrain to come back.

Stay tuned for more updates. I'm in a little bit over my head with some of this, but that's how you learn I guess. Thanks in advance for all of the help I'll be asking for along the way.

Jeremy D.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming along nicely. Thats a really nice Rig!!

Where in Texas are you located ? I'm in Dallas.

Thank you. I’m just north of San Antonio in Bulverde. I see you have an affection for Broncos. My first ride was an 82 with a 351 Windsor and now I have a 2023 Bronco Raptor. Looking to get my 15 year old son a Gen 5 Bronco pretty soon.

Went and talked to a machine shop today and am confident they can do a good job on the motor. It’s gonna take 5 months but that gives me more time to get other stuff done.

Anyone know a good paint & body place in South Texas?

Thank you. I’m just north of San Antonio in Bulverde. I see you have an affection for Broncos. My first ride was an 82 with a 351 Windsor and now I have a 2023 Bronco Raptor. Looking to get my 15 year old son a Gen 5 Bronco pretty soon.

Went and talked to a machine shop today and am confident they can do a good job on the motor. It’s gonna take 5 months but that gives me more time to get other stuff done.

You might consider buying an engine from Scotty The Mad Porter, aka Parkland Performance. He is considered to be the guru of 460's. I had him build mine and even with shipping it came in pretty close to what I could get done locally - and faster.

Thats really cool!

Yes, Broncos are what my wife is interested in, as it is possible to drive them around with kids on weekends. My personal favorite is a 4x4 bullnose, which I don't have currently.

You might consider buying an engine from Scotty The Mad Porter, aka Parkland Performance. He is considered to be the guru of 460's. I had him build mine and even with shipping it came in pretty close to what I could get done locally - and faster.

Don't forget to mention that Scottie came in right behind John Kasse at the Engine Masters challenge.... 💡

Thats really cool!

Yes, Broncos are what my wife is interested in, as it is possible to drive them around with kids on weekends. My personal favorite is a 4x4 bullnose, which I don't have currently.

She needs to become a member, here. :nabble_smiley_happy:

So, what is she looking for in a vehicle?

Don't forget to mention that Scottie came in right behind John Kasse at the Engine Masters challenge.... 💡

I've heard that many times but never bothered to look it up and read what he did. So I did a quick Google and didn't find it. Do you know the year?

I've heard that many times but never bothered to look it up and read what he did. So I did a quick Google and didn't find it. Do you know the year?

When you actually get it done you don't need to boast. 😉

https://www.460ford.com/threads/scott-j-edges-out-mckoan-and-will-be-no-lower-than-3rd.102804/