Bullnose Forums

460 swap into a 78 Bronco

viven44

Just came across this 460 for sale (it sold already) as I setup an alert for a 460 as I'm looking for the saginaw brackets

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1458664291689962/

I just realized there is an idler pulley for the AC

Where can I find the AC belt diagram for a 84-86 460 with AC ? I am missing the idler... the AC belt runs from crank -> water pump -> AC compressor

Go to the Navi-Gates application on the Gates belts website.

They show all the different configurations and their numbers for the belts.

It used to just be a page....

Of course now they want you to load their junk onto your phone!

https://www.gates.com/us/en/knowledge-center/mobile-apps/navigates.html

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure...

Thanks for that diagram... I don't see a spot for the pulley..... but its strange that van 460 clearly uses an idler

I went back and looked at an old video when the 460 was running in the 86 pickup in its almost original state with all the emissions... No idler. Phew. That tells me at least I didn't forget to install it.

Thanks for that diagram... I don't see a spot for the pulley..... but its strange that van 460 clearly uses an idler

I went back and looked at an old video when the 460 was running in the 86 pickup in its almost original state with all the emissions... No idler. Phew. That tells me at least I didn't forget to install it.

having had a few vans over the years as service vans. it might be because of access to the engine, or the lack of it. maybe the only reachable way was to add an idler in the van while the truck was more accessible.

having had a few vans over the years as service vans. it might be because of access to the engine, or the lack of it. maybe the only reachable way was to add an idler in the van while the truck was more accessible.

Thats a good point.. I just want to make sure that the way the belt it routed right now (Which seems to be stock so it should be good) doesn't put any undue stress on the water pump shaft..