Bullnose Forums

460 swap into a 78 Bronco

viven44

Yes! That is precisely why I have to be mindful of your time because you cannot help but help!! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Don't fret about it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Who knows, you may just stump the chump!

But if it's about chemistry, or material science it's not too likely.

I'm cognizant enough to know what I don't know.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't fret about it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Who knows, you may just stump the chump!

But if it's about chemistry, or material science it's not too likely.

I'm cognizant enough to know what I don't know.

Alrighty :nabble_smiley_happy:

• 1 month later...

Alrighty :nabble_smiley_happy:

BB83E722-3B80-41C2-8E26-9D66070FC7A5.jpeg.302cec198ae66be70ba8ee93f09edb62.jpeg

462C2CFB-9B10-45F3-9931-7FC8A10DCBAF.jpeg.5e8d343840c9c84b165d08c8295bec99.jpeg

760ED4C8-6C25-4D58-B8B5-5A1DAF56D6B0.jpeg.aa8f15790ade9ddb82892ade64a53fdf.jpeg

Finally tagged and on the road!!

Took it on the highway for the first time. Did well considering it has those 33 inch mud tires.

I do have a vibration right around 30mph, whether I’m coasting or rolling or accelerating or decelerating… whole truck shaking. Always 30mph. I’ve rotated tires but I have a feeling all the tires are somewhat out of round as this bronco sat for 3 years without moving. Also going to come down to 31 inch all terrain tires to reduce noise and improve city driving.

(All the Ujoints are fresh and/or greased up well)

Finally tagged and on the road!!

Took it on the highway for the first time. Did well considering it has those 33 inch mud tires.

I do have a vibration right around 30mph, whether I’m coasting or rolling or accelerating or decelerating… whole truck shaking. Always 30mph. I’ve rotated tires but I have a feeling all the tires are somewhat out of round as this bronco sat for 3 years without moving. Also going to come down to 31 inch all terrain tires to reduce noise and improve city driving.

(All the Ujoints are fresh and/or greased up well)

Looks good! :nabble_anim_claps:

But I'll bet you are right about the tires being the source of the vibration.

Looks good! :nabble_anim_claps:

But I'll bet you are right about the tires being the source of the vibration.

Thank you!!!

On the tires... I know the stock ones were LR78-15 (~235 75/15).

https://www.ford.com/bronco/history/1978-1979/

They don't just look right.. 31s look better. The stock ones probably would do better for city driving..... more low end torque...... still thinking

Thanks a bunch Jim!! I sure appreciate that. I think you have taken a bold move here by sharing your cell. I can be quite a pain!! But I'll do my best to limit troubling you, as you are contributing your knowledge here already and hardly sleeping as-is. I do feel guilty already :nabble_smiley_blush:

This thread came to mind because I'm about to get into a project with some basic table top epoxy and pigment I've ordered from Amazon.

Hopefully the doctors will spring me tomorrow and I can take photos for you.

Obviously I won't have data on how well it withstands UV long term, but I can give you an idea about cure times, how effective a heat gun v/s torch is for popping bubbles, etc...

This thread came to mind because I'm about to get into a project with some basic table top epoxy and pigment I've ordered from Amazon.

Hopefully the doctors will spring me tomorrow and I can take photos for you.

Obviously I won't have data on how well it withstands UV long term, but I can give you an idea about cure times, how effective a heat gun v/s torch is for popping bubbles, etc...

Thanks Jim! Appreciate that! I just noticed this.

Thanks Jim! Appreciate that! I just noticed this.

The cheap (inexpensive) bar top style epoxy arrived.

I'm going to try to get by the boat store to get white pigment, but tomorrow and Wednesday are booked solid with doctors, possibly another MRI, my annual dentist, and a follow-up w/ the sports medicine guy about building more strength up in my left knee (the one that has a 22 year old torn MCL)

But, if they're going to replace it, I don't really see the point. 🤷‍♂️

The cheap (inexpensive) bar top style epoxy arrived.

I'm going to try to get by the boat store to get white pigment, but tomorrow and Wednesday are booked solid with doctors, possibly another MRI, my annual dentist, and a follow-up w/ the sports medicine guy about building more strength up in my left knee (the one that has a 22 year old torn MCL)

But, if they're going to replace it, I don't really see the point. 🤷‍♂️

Take it easy! And keep us posted.

• 2 months later...

Take it easy! And keep us posted.

Just came across this 460 for sale (it sold already) as I setup an alert for a 460 as I'm looking for the saginaw brackets

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1458664291689962/

I just realized there is an idler pulley for the AC

Where can I find the AC belt diagram for a 84-86 460 with AC ? I am missing the idler... the AC belt runs from crank -> water pump -> AC compressor