Bullnose Forums

460 swap into a 78 Bronco

viven44

Yes indeed!! As long as I can keep the cab dry as well :) :)

Got the new 25 gal tank installed with all new fill hoses, hardware etc. Drove it to the gas station. Fills like a dream.

The gas tank is non-emissions with no evap hole (which was factory stock on my truck) so I need to use a vented gas cap.

I am using a new "vented" gas cap but it only allows air in and doesn’t allow air out. Is that how it’s supposed to work ? That would allow for the tank to pressurize and when I opened the cap after driving a while, it let out some pressure. After seeing that I did drill a couple vent holes on the cap I have (coinciding with the slots on the fill tube) to help with that.

2405D47A-AE0A-4C70-A45D-C80DB3E2A079.jpeg.50f461be2fd94358b285f7bceb5485e7.jpeg

Got the new 25 gal tank installed with all new fill hoses, hardware etc. Drove it to the gas station. Fills like a dream.

The gas tank is non-emissions with no evap hole (which was factory stock on my truck) so I need to use a vented gas cap.

I am using a new "vented" gas cap but it only allows air in and doesn’t allow air out. Is that how it’s supposed to work ? That would allow for the tank to pressurize and when I opened the cap after driving a while, it let out some pressure. After seeing that I did drill a couple vent holes on the cap I have (coinciding with the slots on the fill tube) to help with that.

It needs to vent (or you have a rollover valve + charcoal canister) otherwise the pressure will force fuel past the float valve of your carburetor.

It needs to vent (or you have a rollover valve + charcoal canister) otherwise the pressure will force fuel past the float valve of your carburetor.

Alrighty. The holes in the fuel fill cap that I have drilled right now will surely help the tank vent in and out.

The bronco did not come with any sort of EVAP system, so the canister and all that stuff is absent.

Alrighty. The holes in the fuel fill cap that I have drilled right now will surely help the tank vent in and out.

The bronco did not come with any sort of EVAP system, so the canister and all that stuff is absent.

Absolutely

Gasoline has a very high vapor pressure, so when you pump ~20 gallons out of deep underground it will expand as well as fume.

If it can inflate a steel tank, it will push right past a float valve, without some other escape.

Absolutely

Gasoline has a very high vapor pressure, so when you pump ~20 gallons out of deep underground it will expand as well as fume.

If it can inflate a steel tank, it will push right past a float valve, without some other escape.

if only there were some way to burn it off.

so, you just put a rag in it and wait? that seems a little boring. I need more! haha.

Replaced door and window rubber today. I must say replacing the door and window rubber on many a bullnose has made this process rather easy.

But.. I had my dose of “confirmation bias” based on what I know on bullnoses.

I removed the screw on the crank handle. There is only 1 screw holding the arm rest to the door panel on a bullnose. I removed that one screw on this dentside. Did not even bother to see there were 2 screws on a dentside. So I pulled the panel enough to break the plastic “cup” from the interior panel :nabble_smiley_blush:

Clearly this is the first ever dentside for me

33040D09-BC1D-463E-BD95-6CC6D56348B5.jpeg.cd9a38625e2865862562e21ef9afb3d4.jpeg

Replaced door and window rubber today. I must say replacing the door and window rubber on many a bullnose has made this process rather easy.

But.. I had my dose of “confirmation bias” based on what I know on bullnoses.

I removed the screw on the crank handle. There is only 1 screw holding the arm rest to the door panel on a bullnose. I removed that one screw on this dentside. Did not even bother to see there were 2 screws on a dentside. So I pulled the panel enough to break the plastic “cup” from the interior panel :nabble_smiley_blush:

Clearly this is the first ever dentside for me

That's a bummer. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

I hope they're not too hard to find. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: