Bullnose Forums

460 swap into a 78 Bronco

viven44

I just checked, unfortunately they don't. They have the opposite, which is 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlet ? Is what I am doing not recommended ? I'm actually copying the factory setup from the 86 Bullnose.

How loud do you want it?

I have a giant school bus muffler with dual 2 1/2 in and 3" out.

I think it's from a 1975 international 455.

I wish they still made it.

I just checked, unfortunately they don't. They have the opposite, which is 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlet ? Is what I am doing not recommended ? I'm actually copying the factory setup from the 86 Bullnose.

I don't know if the Magnaflows are directional. I'd call them and ask.

How loud do you want it?

I want something with sound resembling new factory Truck/SUV sound. Wife would prefer driving it that way.

How loud do you want it?

Hey look what I found when I searched for dual inlet single outlet mufflers! Something like this Walker 22822 is exactly what I was looking for.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1219369-dual-inlet-single-outlet-muffler.html

I am also planning to weld a flange so its easy to install and uninstall for maintenance.

Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

Well I forgot to state the bad part... that particular muffler has been out of stock for a while.. So i'm still looking :nabble_anim_crazy:

Meanwhile, here is the "muffler" that is on the donor truck. Because this donor truck is all original, something tells me it’s a catalytic converter. Can someone confirm if what I'm looking at is a catalytic converter and not a muffler ? or is the only way to be sure is to send a camera through it and look for honeycombs ?

E31B734A-545E-43BF-8EEF-2994DD019DAF.jpeg.6c16a58e9970dd9e67b8155aa4f23a1a.jpeg

Well I forgot to state the bad part... that particular muffler has been out of stock for a while.. So i'm still looking :nabble_anim_crazy:

Meanwhile, here is the "muffler" that is on the donor truck. Because this donor truck is all original, something tells me it’s a catalytic converter. Can someone confirm if what I'm looking at is a catalytic converter and not a muffler ? or is the only way to be sure is to send a camera through it and look for honeycombs ?

It's also probably longer than your entire '78 Bronco.

I bought something that would fill the gap between stock head pipes and the sprung hanger on my truck.