Bullnose Forums

Zf-5 rebuild (worth watching)

C6's are strong but they're really good at turning power into hot fluid.

Will seems to have started a thread, but I don't wade in to something I don't know inside & out

I'm not sure where you'd find a tailshaft housing and output shaft, but you can certainly do it.

I'm not certain if a C6 has an integral adapter, or if you'd need one of those along with the transfer case shift linkage.

If you're rebuilding a 2wd it's a good opportunity to get your speedo adjusted right for whatever gear and tires you intend to use

Thanks. I’ll check out that thread.

Yes I need to find the tail shaft housing. I learned a lot from watching this video.

Thanks. I’ll check out that thread.

Yes I need to find the tail shaft housing. I learned a lot from watching this video.

Precision Transmissions seem to have some good tutorials.

I haven't watched their channel in a while.

Thanks for the link! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Thanks for the share. ZF-5 is probably my most desired swap in a Bullnose.. Glad to know it can be serviced in a home garage.

If you're over at FTE I recall there's a guy (Alvin in AZ) that has a few threads about rebuilding the Zf5, and what to look out for.

You might get some insight about that 3rd gear synchro or dogs, whichever is problematic.

Thanks for the share. ZF-5 is probably my most desired swap in a Bullnose.. Glad to know it can be serviced in a home garage.

Me too - I'd love to have a ZF5 in mine, but I'm intimidated by the idea of rebuilding one. I rebuilt the T5 in my Comet, but it wasn't hard, and I've read that they are one of the easier trannys to rebuild. I've heard the ZF5 is a bear.

Precision Transmissions seem to have some good tutorials.

I haven't watched their channel in a while.

Thanks for the link! :nabble_smiley_cool:

The channel died AFAIK. Trent got into it with his dad (I guess the latter was tired of making videos) and that was the end of my subscription since all trent wanted to do was post dirtybird project videos. Having peeked back, no new content last I saw.

A real shame.

The channel died AFAIK. Trent got into it with his dad (I guess the latter was tired of making videos) and that was the end of my subscription since all trent wanted to do was post dirtybird project videos. Having peeked back, no new content last I saw.

A real shame.

Yes its a shame. My guess is the original channel had to be shut down as they had a revenue ownership dispute ?

Fortunately they are still making new videos. This is Richard's new channel

http://www.youtube.com/@richardteresacricheducatio3542

A real shame.

There's nothing that will make me walk right out without looking back than some kind of infantile reality show drama.

In that moment, I don't care, or even want to know.

I'm done, see ya!

Sweet. I'll have to check that out. Nothing like seeing how many different ways one can fry a 4L60E :nabble_poo-23_orig:

Lol. GM special indeed, his specialty is 4L60s for sure but equally knowledgeable in Ford as well. He is definitely the guy that's "in the zone". Pleasure to watch.

Lol. GM special indeed, his specialty is 4L60s for sure but equally knowledgeable in Ford as well. He is definitely the guy that's "in the zone". Pleasure to watch.

Here's a link to Jon's latest video......

You're in the field. How do you think of it as a primer for the uneducated masses?

Note, that he does things like say dram instead of D-ram just to raise people's ire.

"Any attention is better than NO attention"

Being what I am, I get this right away and chuckle.... 🙃